32

Hyunjin's POV

I certainly hadn't forgotten my promises I'd made to him when he was in a coma, just thinking about it made my eyes water. I turned on the computer and started booking various vacations, the first to Jeju Island, and the others around the world.

Felix came into the house after his evening walk on the little park and came towards me, spying on the screen

-W-what is it?- He asked hesitantly

-When you were like I promised you that if you woke up I would take you to visit the world- I said in a gentle tone. His cheeks colored with a warm blush and he grinned ear to ear. He threw himself on me in a hug, almost knocking me off my chair.

-Thanks, it's always been my dream to travel the world- he said as he wrapped his arms around my neck.

-Where are we going?- he asked excitedly.

-As soon as school finishes we leave for the island of Jeju, then I have a long list to satisfy.- I said ecstatically as he let go of the hug and positioned himself behind my chair.

Well? When we left I wish we were in a relationship, yeah. I had known for a while that he liked me and it was the same for me too.

I didn't give a shit if society was against us. The choice was ours, not someone else's. And if he had said no, I would have tried again until I was exhausted, if he had gone to Mars I would have followed him there, until he said yes.

I didn't want to do something too romantic, but to realize a dream he had expressed to me over a year ago and I bet he still thinks about it now. Plant the rose gardens in his favorite little park and take him there with his eyes closed. (CHAPTER 16 ) It was a regular thing, nothing too mawkish but not too cold and detached either, somewhere in between.

I had already made the request to the Town Hall and was waiting for an answer via email, I had already asked various shops for a large availability of roses and I had found many types, but I wanted red to prevail, a symbol of passion and love.

I just had to choose the date, I thought of doing it on Valentine's Day but perhaps it would have been a bit trivial and too obvious, even if perhaps it was still the best choice...Also, it was just a few days before Christmas, we were spending the school days leading up to the Expected Party that Felix loved so much and...and it had been a year since he'd been in a coma. In those months I had tortured myself like never before, nightmares, hallucinations, depression... It was the worst period of my life and luckily it was over, the almond blossoms had arrived to announce my spring. Felix had managed to give me the colors of life that I had long lost and that I was no longer able to acquire, he had managed to create the lifeblood in me, give me light-heartedness and love, I could not be without him, it was a condemnation for me.

I couldn't wait to come out to him and those two months of waiting could have devastated me, and in the meantime I had promised myself not to touch him. Only harmless hugs and kisses allowed, I would have enjoyed more when I could actually kiss him. And I kept imagining the moment, in which I would have taken his lips to savor its flavor... who knows what a sweet delight for my palate...The doorbell rang and Felix walked to the door to see who it was, I watched him out of the corner of my eye. He backed away in fear, putting a hand in front of his mouth in amazement. I got up quickly and went against him, standing in front of him to protect him and predict who he was.

It was to be expected: Changbin; he had a black bruise on his eye exactly where I punched him when I saved Felix.

-What do you want?- I asked impatiently, feeling anger boiling in my veins.

-Can I... talk to Felix?- He asked leaning sideways to see the boy behind me who in the meantime was holding my biceps in fear.

-Speak, he's here- I said.

-Um... Felix- he began and I felt him lean his head on my back shaking as he spoke his name.

-I'm really sorry, I wasn't myself- he said, waiting for a nod that didn't come.

-I won't touch you anymore, and... if you want we can always be friends.- he said cautiously.

-I'd rather not- I said to both of them hoping to get my message of hate across.

-Okay ... Felix, are you sure?- He asked. I felt him squeeze my bicep tightly and lean against my back, in a fragile moment like this I could do nothing but reassure him.

-Changbin, don't insist. You know what you did to him and you can't make things better- I said angrily and closing the door and then turning the keys twice.

I turned to find Felix slumped against the wall, still as a statue but terrified enough to see his body shaking. I went over and crouched down to pick him up and carry him onto the bed, being careful not to touch him too much.

-Don't worry, he's gone now- I whispered as I walked and he did something that tore out a piece of my heart, and picking up another piece in my soul to make room for it. He hooked his arms around my neck and leaned against my chest. I felt my stomach vibrate because of those damned butterflies hanging around in there and I was afraid that he might feel it too.

His body vibrated and he began to cry silently as I stroked his back; I laid him on the bed and he looked at me with his cheeks red and streaked with tears, spreading his arms demanding a hug... He was so cute, fragile like crystal but graceful like the wings of a butterfly. But I was afraid of awakening his traumas, he risked having a relapse and getting up stronger than before is difficult when you are crushed by the mass of a thousand problems all together.

I shook my head with a calm smile but he pouted, the cutest thing I'd ever seen. I laughed, leaving him speechless and a moment later he laughed too, making butterflies flutter in his stomach. He, with a gorgeous smile on his heart shaped lips, got up softly from the bed and tried to reach me but I decided to run away and hide. Silently I went into the kitchen and hid by the fridge, hoping he hadn't seen me.

I heard him walking and searching all corners of the house, leaving the kitchen last. He entered the room with a soft step and I think that any sane person on this planet would have been tempted to scare him and I didn't even think about it for a moment when I came out of hiding.

-Boo!- I exclaimed and he jumped in fright, placing his hand at heart level. I hugged him from behind wrapping my arms around his waist and planted a pure, innocent kiss on the back of his neck as I cracked up with him.

-You gave me a stroke- he said laughing-Sorry- I whispered in his ear, touching his lobe with my lips. He stiffened and stopped breathing as I felt his pulse increase at a wild rate. I wanted to lick his skin and grace it with my touch, but I promised myself not to do it before Valentine's Day, so I broke away from him, leaving him incredulous; positive side: he began to breathe again.

When I was so close to him I always noticed that he held his breath, as if he felt the same things I felt with him but amplified, perhaps because of his sensitivity. He was just unique.I watched him for a reaction, but all he did was place two fingers on the artery that ran through his neck, feeling his heartbeat.

-Oh my god...- he whispered in amazement.