12

Felix's POV

Myung-Dae was there, and now he had a beautiful metal ax in his hand, reflecting the dim light of the lamp. 

I was afraid? Yes a lot. He had also dragged a machine gun that he had placed on the ground, did he perhaps want to kill me? He came over and cupped my chin in his fingers, scrutinizing me. He grinned in amusement and I smirked in disgust.

-They are above us- he whispered to me. I widened my eyes. Hyunjin was about to arrive. Should I forbid him before he risked his life, perhaps screaming? He would have heard me for sure. He managed to understand the situation unfolding in my head, turned the tool and slammed the handle on my skull, catapulting me into a state of semi-consciousness. 

He took a black tape and cut a piece with his teeth, sticking it without delicacy on my mouth. Now I couldn't speak, and I alternated moments of being awake with moments when I didn't feel anything. The blow on his head had knocked me out. 

Slowly I regained consciousness, I fixed my eyes on the trapdoor. I wanted to be able to do something useful but I knew that any move I made he would kill me without hesitation. The trapdoor opened from the outside, while Myung was a few meters from the stairs ready to shoot.

 I frowned when I saw that no one dared to get off, but instead of someone a telescope that someone held from the upper floor slowly descended, Myung fired after a few seconds and the telescope shattered into a thousand pieces. He was five meters away from me, but his expression was the same as mine: what the heck are they doing?

At one point, in an almost unexpected gesture, I hear clicking noises that he doesn't seem to hear, in a microsecond a mini-grenade is thrown down the stairs in Myung's direction and explodes in a second. 

Splatters of blood hit my face and make my veins freeze. I close my eyes to protect myself from the impact. A piece of iron sticks in my belly and I stifle a moan of pain, right in the wound from before. The stab of pain expanded as more splinters lodged under the skin. 

A cloud of dust made me narrow my eyes as the wound began to bleed like hell again.I heard Myung's strangled screams and he started shooting in the direction of the trap door. The bullets were gone in ten seconds, and for the dust that had risen he no longer found the charges that he had placed on the floor, he grunted in despair. The blood continued to flow and I felt weakness in my arms. I had to hold on, I'd be out of here soon. Myung was a goner. Shots came from the hatch and I could clearly feel the impact of the bullets against his body, wow...

The dust settled and I was able to look at the whole thing. Myung's body was lying on the ground in a pool of blood as he coughed. Then I looked at my stomach. The red liquid pierced his clothes, slowly sliding down. Would I...survive? Tears welled up in my eyes, and his lip trembled. I had no escape. I wasn't going to make it to the hospital. I would have died. Quick steps came down the stairs, it was hyunjin, with light hair gathered in a pigtail. He looked at me scared and rivers of tears rolled down my cheeks.

-Hyunjin...- I whispered looking into his eyes. His eyes watered. My strength failed me and I slumped back in my chair. The piece of iron was still firmly against my flesh, firing bolts of pain. He untied the ropes with lightning speed and picked me up by passing one arm under my back and one under my knee. I snuggled up to him, even though I was in terrible pain. I grabbed his neck and in a minute we were already in the car. The lids were getting heavy, but Hyunjin held my hand.

-Don't fall asleep, please Felix- he implored me. His hand was warm, and I felt like an ice cube, even the warmth of my blood was fading. Hyunjin put a blanket around my shoulders and I warmed up. The tears kept flowing silently as I didn't know what to do. I was struggling to stay awake, and it was the first time I didn't want to die facing such a dangerous situation.

-Hyunjin, I-I love you.-

-D-don't leave me- I whispered. He looked at me and a tear rolled down his cheek. He was shocked, he shook my hand.

-You have to live, you are strong.- he said emphasizing the last words. I shook my head, I'd never been, and now it was rather useless to be. I was about to give in, I wanted to rest a bit, an incomparable tiredness had descended on his body, while the wound continued to bleed. Hyunjin leaned towards me and buried his head in the crook of my neck and placed a hand on his side, he started to cry as his tears slid sweetly down my neck. I placed a hand on his back, returning his hug. He was desperate, I was desperate. It was the first time I'd heard him cry, and I couldn't bear it or, it was too heavy a burden to bear.

He calmed down and approached my ear, I felt his breath breaking on my skin.

-If you leave me, I won't forgive you- I shivered everywhere. How could he change his attitude from one second to the next?! The adrenaline would keep me awake for a while longer. He clawed at my side and pushed his other hand to the base of my back.

-H-hyunjin, I- I tried to speak, but his voice choked on me as he ran his tongue from the base of my neck to my earlobe. I slumped back in the seat in panic as he continued the slow torture. He started kissing my neck lasciviously, I felt my cheeks burn and he buried his hand in my side.

We arrived at the hospital, Hyunjin picked me up as before and carried me inside, they immediately took me to the operating room, anxiety drained my bones. They began to inject me with anesthesia, my eyelids felt heavy. Hyunjin looked at me with compassion, shaking my hand. He came up and whispered to me:

-You are strong-

I fell asleep, a deep and peaceful sleep.

Hyunjin's POV

I was outside the operating room, my hands in my hair. The doctors had said they would do everything possible to save him, that unfortunately the wound was deep and had damaged his stomach. The surgery could have given or taken his life, and I was literally putting all my trust in doctors. It was late at night, 2:35 in the morning and I couldn't sleep, in fact, I didn't want to sleep. 

It was all my fault that Myung kidnapped him. I knew he was out of jail but I still let Felix go to school. I've been an asshole. An egoist. I thought he was going to look for me, kill me, but fuck. 

If I had allowed Felix to stay at home none of this would have happened, I would have killed Myung without putting Felix in the way, and now it was my fault he was fighting death in an operating room a few meters away from me. If he had died, I would not have forgiven myself.

I heard footsteps coming from the corridor and I turned my head just enough to see who he was. Not surprised: Jeongin. He sat next to me and I watched him for a few seconds. He had a fine worried expression. I was pretty sure he preferred Felix's death. I sharpened my eyes and resumed my previous position. Hands in hair and torso leaned forward with elbows propping up thighs. He - as usual - rested his head on my shoulder and I clenched my jaw. After a few minutes in that position I began to relax, allowing at least that contact between us.

He got up and said:

-Do you want a coffee?- I nodded, by now Felix had been inside for almost eight hours. Anxiety had taken over all the emotions. He walked off in search of a petrol station and disappeared after turning right. 

The door opened and I immediately jumped to my feet. A doctor came out and pulled down his mask after closing the door. He gave me a neutral look and stepped forward. I could not decipher his face. Not even a micro-expression that could tell me how the surgery had gone.

-Good evening, how did the surgery go?- I asked in a panic. He looked at me and asked

-Who are you? Are you a relative of Lee Felix?-

-I'm a close friend of him-

-Oh, sure...-

-Did everything go well?- 

I asked hesitantly. He didn't seem to want to give me an answer...

-Felix...-

Author corner

Here it is! I finally did it, how do you think it went? What do you think?