25

Hyunjin's POV

He opened her eyes and looked at me. Tears welled up in my eyes and I burst into a liberating cry, letting my anxiety and sadness flow away.

-Fuck Felix!- I said without stopping to look at him.

-You scared me!- I said crying and rushed towards him, hugging him and squeezing him tightly to me.

-Sorry, sorry, very sorry.- I whispered, still anchored in the embrace. I felt his little hands on my back, returning his grip. I took his face in my hands and planted a kiss on his cheek, and a moment later his cheeks turned pastel pink.

He looked around, a little bewildered; I understood that he had realized that he had lost a few moments of his life.

-Y-you're in a coma f-from...from 10 months- I said wiping my tears with my hands. His eyes widened, and tears fell, running clear down his cheeks.

-T-ten m-months?- He stammered, his voice thin and hoarse. I hastily nodded.

-How are you?- I asked, trying to realize what had happened.

-W-well I think-

-Felix, you risked a lot. In a few minutes the nurses would pull...the plug.- I said.

-R-really?- he asked.

-Yes, but don't worry because you're here now and you're fine. Thank God- I said. Finally my almond tree was in bloom. The good news after 10 months of total hell.

-What day is it today?- he asked

-October 14th- I hurried to answer. He lingered on my words and then smiled.

-H-Hyunjin ... but that afternoon- he started, looking at an indefinite point below.

-When I.n shot me, what happened next?-

-I had created a diversion and shot him. I-I came to you and you passed out. Do you remember?- he nodded silently.

-How did you wake up?- I asked, I couldn't hold my tongue.

-Y-you spoke to me...and I forced myself to open my eyes-

-So you h-heard me?- I asked.

-Yes, but I don't remember much,- he said, pausing before continuing.

-I had a bad dream. I dreamed you hated me- he said, wiping away a crystalline tear.I smiled.

-Don't worry, I don't hate you- I said smiling. I reached out to him and hugged him, kissing his cheek.

After a few minutes the nurses arrived, and when they noticed that Felix had awakened they breathed a sigh of relief, they did the necessary analyzes to make sure that everything was in order and in the late afternoon they discharged him.

-Felix, be careful- I said, as I held him by the arm making him walk, he tripped over him in his own footsteps and grabbed him by the hip before he could fall. I helped him settle down, and then slipped my arm around his waist, anchoring my hand at his side, to help him. He gasped, and his cheeks resumed that rosy color that I liked so much to see. I kissed his cheek, pulling him close to me. He smiled shyly, looking down and I rested my head on his shoulder

-Shall we go get a hot chocolate? Between a bit and Christmas- I said, oozing happiness from every pore.

We reached a café and sat down at one of the tables, waiting for our hot chocolate

-Tell me what happened in these months- he asked happily, with a beautiful smile on his red lips. I stopped to look at them, curved upwards with their curious shape. Red and silky as a petal, I felt like biting them to see a drop of blood come out, and observe the color in comparison with her lips.

-Um, it didn't happen that much. I fell into psychotic depression, I had hallucinations and panic attacks. I missed you and I couldn't make it...I attempted suicide twice- I said, in a calm tone but with a bitter aftertaste.

-Oh...-

-You are not just anyone to me. You're the only one who really brought me back to life- I said with downcast eyes looking at my fingers resting on the table. And now I felt that I was altering the happy atmosphere that had been created around us; the chocolates arrived, served in black cups with cream and straws with oblique red and white stripes.

-Don't worry, now that you're here, none of this will happen- I said smiling and looking into his eyes. His funny expression made me laugh and then I gently took his hand and gave him a chaste kiss, looking into his eyes to fully enjoy his embarrassed and surprised expression on him.

We drank our drinks, talked of this and that and then went home, safe?

I locked the door and turned to him, looking at him and he reciprocated. I walked over and wrapped my arms around his hips, squeezing him in a hug.

-I missed you- I said, burying my head in the crook of his neck.

-S-sorry,- he said softly and I smiled, squeezing him tighter. We remained close like this for a few minutes until I gave him a kiss on the neck and pulled away.

-Felix I have to tell you something-

-What?-

-Your parents are in prison- I said in one breath.

-E-eh?-

-I know sorry, I should have asked for your consent, but I couldn't, and when they came to see you...I couldn't. I reported them and now I'm in prison- I explained without looking him in the eye for fear.

-Did they come to see me?-

-Y-yes-

-Don't worry, I was there and they didn't do anything to you.- I said, making sure he was fine. Tears entered his eyes and leaning on his eyelashes, he ran to hug me.

-Thank you, thank you- What? I thought he was mad at me, in fact, he must be mad at me.

-Aren't you angry with me?- I asked, releasing my embrace and taking him by the shoulders to look at him better; uneasily he shook his head quickly:

-No no, I was afraid to do it, so... thank you.- he said. I took his face in my hands and said:

-Hey, you're safe now,- I said and kissed him on the tip of his nose. He smiled, and how I had missed seeing him smile, as if he brought all the infinity of the universe into his eyes, the happiness that a smile from him could give me, was like a serotonin syringe in his arm, the hormone that makes us happy. And he was a living supply of serotonin, always ready to involuntarily give it to me with just a smile, a hug or simply his closeness. He was the source of all the good feelings that I hadn't received for months, oh yes. I loved it.