10

Felix's POV

I was tied to a chair in a dark room as tears threatened to overflow from my eyes. A tall, thin gentleman with a slight beard and very familiar features had beaten me and lost consciousness after a strong blow to the head. 

What if he is Dak-Ho's henchman to take revenge on Hyunjin? Man, my skin was almost completely healed...I didn't want any more bruises or scrapes. I was haunted by bad luck, that was for sure...

I heard heavy footsteps approaching a wall and a strong yellow light went on in the ceiling. I looked around, the walls must have been originally gray but the mold and humidity had made them almost black. The air was laden with humidity and stank of old, the same gentleman who had kidnapped me was now in front of me. 

He was as tall and thin as I'd seen him before, he had an angular face with a hint of a black coffin, his eyes were almond-shaped and dark, the same shade as...Hyunjin's. It was not possible, he had told me once about his father but he said that he was in prison, I could not understand. What did he want from me and why did he kidnap me?

 He grinned, and it was incredibly identical to what Hyunjin usually did. He was 100% dad to him.

-Do you understand who I am?- He asked dryly and I nodded in panic

-I'm Myung-Dae, father of Hyunjin- What? My eyes widened as the dagger pierced my heart. Was Hyunjin's father a drug dealing serial killer maniac who had murdered at least a hundred people? Heck, why didn't Hyunjin ever tell me? I couldn't believe it, would I die in shreds or fake in a bun?

-Hyunjin will be here soon, in the meantime, do you want to play? I can't let you go or kill you without some bruises or cuts...- he smiled at me and pulled out of his pocket a silver knife so shiny it could even reflect my reflection. 

I began to shake my head in supplication as he walked slowly, aware of the black aura around him. Tears made their way into him as his throat closed up depriving me of making any sound. He was inches away from me when he suddenly kneed me in the chin, shooting pain at the spot. I moaned in pain and he started kicking me in the stomach as I cried in pain. It was against the light but I could see his face, illuminated by an evil smile. The chair fell and I hit the side of my head, losing consciousness for a few seconds. 

The images blurred as the pain spread throughout my body. He kept hitting me, inflicting pain I'd never felt before, my voice choking as I tried to close myself up to protect myself. The tears all fell onto the dirty floor, and wet cheeks rubbed against the tiles. I felt like dying. I felt a wound open where my stomach was and at that point I passed out, in a deep sleep in which there was no pain.

I woke up, my vision blurred and my eyes still bloodshot, I was still lying on the ground, with a pool of blood coming from my belly. Memories from just now flashed through my mind and I remembered everything. A throbbing pain came from my stomach, I just hoped it hadn't punctured my artery, I didn't want to die. The light flickered above me and the room was empty, I looked around for an escape route. 

There were only gray stairs leading up to a trap door about a meter square. No windows and doors, just the staircase. Myung-Dae wasn't there he probably had gone upstairs, now, I had to figure out how to stand up and free myself from the iron grip that had been made on my wrists, legs and stomach. I didn't feel the strength in my legs and even less in my arms, I tried to move a little but the pain forced me to scream in pain and stop completely. I had no way out, that was for sure. Luckily the bleeding had stopped, except for a few more drops of blood.

Wait...Would Hyunjin come here to save me? I had just understood the words he had just said to me, and I began to think, opening a gap full of hypotheses and possible moves between my opponent and me. Hyunjin would have come here, trying to save me. Hell, he wouldn't have had a choice. I was in a basement, if he even tried to go down, Myung would have killed him in one fell swoop. I'd rather die than him, I'd spent my whole life so far being beaten, abused and bullied. Every night I got on my knees and prayed. I prayed to God that he could end my life or the torture I kept going through every damn day. I remember very well every time my dad abused me, endlessly pasted in my mind, a video that my mind showed me every time to torture me and lead me to danger. 

Dying would have been less painful than continuing to experience that torture but, at the end of the day, no one really wants to die. We just want to kill a part of us that keeps taking us away from the good times. Besides, now that I had met that angel Hyunjin I had hoped to live longer to see him smile. He had rescued me from hell and had hugged me, whispered to follow him to heaven and then brought me there. But now that I was here, I realized that perhaps he too had shadows of him. Those who followed him at night and dragged him into the worst nightmares.

I was always convinced that I was the only one of the two to have a noteworthy past, but now, now that I knew, perhaps he had something little comparable to mine. He told me his mother was dead, but what if maybe he killed her Myung-Dae? He certainly had a stormy and very...true crime past and I had a past that I dragged on until a few days ago.I shook myself out of my thoughts, I heard a roar of the engine. Someone had arrived outside the building.

Author corner

Annyeonghaseyo! As I said, here's your suspense. I apologize if this chapter is a bit short compared to the others but I haven't been able to spread the ideas well on my minimal words budget. I'll leave you to think and speculate about who it is, but I think it's quite obvious... :) Please me if it's ok, I'll update in a few days <3