40

Felix's POV

It had been 3 hours and now it was late evening. I'd had so many coffees that now my hands were shaking and my anxiety had tripled. I was waiting outside the operating room where I could only hear buzzes and hums.

The doctor came out and took off his bloody gloves, I stood up.

-He's fine, he'll wake up in a few hours- he announced to me with a tender smile, which showed his wrinkles of old age.

-Can I see him?- I asked, joining my hands in supplication. He looked at me with a touch of sympathy and answered calmly.

-Give me 5 minutes, I'll settle it here and take it into the room- he smiled and closed the door behind him. I sat back down and looked at my cell phone notifications hoping to fill the wait. The doctor came out of the operating room and we made our way to the room, while Hyunjin slept peacefully. I waited for the doctor to leave the room and thanked him. 

I took his hand in mine.

-H-Hyunjin- I whispered, tears showing up blurring my vision.

-Sorry if I couldn't protect you- I said with a broken voice and tears running down my cheeks.

I felt devastated, we had come to take a holiday and now everything had turned upside down, leaving some grain of hope in my hand.

A few hours passed and I spent looking at Hyunjin and contemplating his beauty and reading fanfiction on Wattpad.

Hyunjin opened his eyes as I stared at his lips so attractive, he looked at me a little dazed and bewildered, but as soon as he realized he smiled at me softly. I hurried to take his hand and lean towards him.

-How are you? Are you sick?- I asked with tears in my eyes. He brought a hand up to my face and stroked my cheek gently.

-For a moment I thought I couldn't see you anymore, my heart was breaking- he whispered in a hoarse voice and I burst into tears thinking that he was a breath away from death. And I influenced his life.

I collapsed on his chest, crying my eyes out. He put his hand in my hair and stroked me like I was the one in danger of dying.

-Don't worry, I'm here with you- he tried to calm me down but it was as if I was letting all the stress I had accumulated before flow.I dried my tears and looked at him with sadness but also with love.-What is it my love?

-He asked me he tilted his head slightly and showed his sparkling eyes.

-S-sorry- I said pursing my lips and wiping away a tear tickling my cheek.

-About what?- He said stroking my cheek and wiping away more fugitive tears.

-I-didn't p-protect you- Feeling guilty for my actions I looked down and he grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

-What do you say? It's not your fault honey- she whispered and then he gave me a quick kiss on the lips that made my heart melt but made me cry more.

-Hey hey hey, relax love. It's okay, look at me please- I sniffed at him and moved my gaze to his angelic face. He cupped my cheeks in his hands and stroked me.

-Breathe, I'm with you now okay? Don't think about before, think about me.- he looked into my eyes intensely and I managed to relax, finally stopping crying.

-You're beautiful, you know that?- He spoke these words with such sweetness that I began to wonder if I deserved it. He kissed me softly, and I let myself be carried away by his emotions, soft lips, and pretentious tongue.

I looked at him slowly pulling away and he smiled at me with his usual tenderness. A doctor entered the room and we looked at him, curious about the news.

-So, it's 20 days here in the hospital and then two months of rehabilitation- he announced, reading on a sheet he was holding in his hand.

-For the price, how much would it be?-

-400,000 won- I looked at Hyunjin (about $300)

-Sure, I'll pay- I said hurriedly before Hyunjin answered. He frowned at me and as soon as the doctor came out I explained to him.

-Please leave it to me. We have to be in a balanced relationship, I don't want to depend on you- I confessed hoping to receive his approval. He looked at me for a moment, thinking and then answered me.

-I can't do anything to stop you. Thank you.- he said and smiled, proud of me.

A few hours later I turned on my cell phone and watched the news, desperately trying to pass the time.

"Shooting on Jeju Island," said the girl on the news.

"The gentleman who committed the shooting is a 37-year-old man, he confessed to being a friend of serial killer Myung-Dae, who wanted to avenge his ideas." I opened my mouth in initial amazement as if a knife had just plunged into my chest, taking my breath away.

For a moment I had the instinct to tell Hyunjin, but I couldn't utter a word once I went to him.

-Everything's fine, dear? I see you agitated ...- he asked me caressing my cheek.

-Ehm, y-yes all f-fine- I stammered lying shamelessly.

-What is it?- he asked me.

-Um, look ...- I showed him the news and he listened, taking the phone with one hand and squeezing it until I saw his veins supplying his hand and arm. He handed me the cell phone and looked at me seriously.

-Don't worry. Sooner or later it would have happened- he said with a slight tremor in his hand.

Sooner or later it would have happened?

Author Corner

Hi guys, I'm sorry I didn't update last week, so today I update twice :)

Tell me about any mistakes! I'm not that good at English :')

I realized today that in books/stories when someone is talking you put this "Blah" but I put this: -Blah- I'm so sorry I didn't know :(