CHAPTER 29

David will go under trial, he's behind bars sitting.

"I need to talk to him once officer," said Christine.

The officer was hesitant at first but seeing the serious look on her face, opened the bars and let Christine in. Before going on Alex was trying to enter the cell but Christine stopped him from entering by his wrist.

" Alex it's a police station. We can't do this here " said Christine

" I want him dead Christine no matter what, the law is rubbish. He should die" said Alex.

Christine looked apologetically toward Alex. She held him by his wrist and said

" Alex, I feel it more than you do. I've known her for 10 years now. His face makes my blood boil. I want to disfigure his body. But we do not work for ourselves. We work for the nation. And people serving it must abide by the law. Trust me it's not the time to kill him. We have a lot of things to discuss and a lot of things to know ". Said Christine.

Alex looked over David's side briefly and straightened his jaw and gave me a slight nod and smiled and went away without looking back.

Christine went inside the cell and took a chair and sat in front of David. David looked like he wasn't ashamed of anything that's been happening. It's like he was always prepared for this. It's like he thinks that after all that has been done, he doesn't deserve it.

"By now even you know that we know you've done it," said Christine

David was looking at his hands. He kept on looking at it and did not even bother to look at her. He behaved as if there was no one in the room. He couldn't even care less about the whole situation.

" David I don't expect you to understand me. But you must understand what you've done. Every innocent person got harmed because of you. They didn't even know you. What grave mistake they did to deserve something as heartless as this? " Said Christine

David still didn't look up and kept on looking at the walls and the CCTV camera.

" Who was that girl in the frame David ?" Said Christine

David finally looked up and met her fierce eyes. Christine knew what she did and also why. She had to or else this conversation was not meeting an end. David clenched his jaws and closed his eyes. He started thinking about something that was causing him sheer pain. His nose flared and he looked at Christine as the next prey. He got up from his seat and was coming close to Christine and whispered in her ear

"Do not talk about her. Nobody deserves to even talk about her. The world has already caused her too much pain. At least people should keep shut when she is no more " said David.

"I don't know what happened to her but if you don't say anything then I don't think she'll ever be at peace or get justice! Do you think she's happy seeing you do this to people?" Asked Christine as softly as she could making eye contact with him. 

Hearing this, David did go back to his seat. Christine might have touched him somewhere which made him break down in front of her. She has never seen him like this, this vulnerable, broken, and hurt. It's something in the past that has made him this way and it's quite obvious that what he did was to avenge her. And also she meant a lot to him otherwise nobody would go to such lengths.

"She was my love, my fiancée the mother of my son...and that mother fucker killed her and my son," said David clenching his teeth in anger and disgust. There was anger in his eyes. Even Christine's heart skipped a beat on hearing this. That's the power of love. For some, it takes a good turn it doesn't. And you sometimes don't even know what you're doing for that person.

"Who is that mf?" Asked Christine with that serious tone and leaned forward.

"Anthony," said David. One word straight up that's it nothing more nothing less.

Let's go a few years back... David was in love with Jane who was a girl in his class. They have been childhood friends and eventually fell in love. They both loved each other and everything was going fine. David was a boy of 20 studying and Jane was 18. Jane had a mother and David was an orphan he was looked after by his foster parents. He later moved out and used to take care of himself on his own. He stayed in a pg. When he was 22 and Jan was 20. David became more responsible as they both decided that they would marry the next year and Jane is pregnant with David's baby or may I say, Darius. Later he changed his name. Jane used to work in Anthony's house since she was 17 years old as her mother suffers from asthma and is paralyzed so she has to look after both of them. More she also used to give money to David for his studies until he decided to drop it and join the Java course. He used to work part-time in content writing. He always wanted to join the CIA. As Jane was pregnant but Anthony's wife couldn't be a mother. She had a great resentment of her. One very night She pushed Jane down the hall staircase which killed her baby and her as she lost a lot of blood. It was captured in the CCTV camera. Even though it was removed David was able to bring those clips back as he was an expert in computers and all these technological things. Upon seeing the truth, he filed a case but as he was poor and Anthony is a millionaire. Nothing happened to them and left David with nothing. Jane's mother died upon hearing this. Left with David no option. Every action has consequences.

"I killed Anthony's wife" David confessed.

Christine was surprised not shocked. She had nothing left to say. Moreover, there was nothing to say. She recorded the entire conversation.
" I'll see you on Friday at court and I have some business to run," said Christine.

"You'll not do anything about my situation. Jane would remain dead!!" Said David as Christine face the door to leave.

She turned back and faced him...
"You killed so many, were you able to bring her back?" She said. There was no response from the other end. She gave him a last look before leaving the cell. Locked it behind her. Her footsteps faded away leaving him in the dark with nothing but an orange light bulb above him, pushing into the lanes of thoughts and guilt.

On reaching the office, Christine pushed past the door. She had tears in her eyes and went straight to Mr. Grover's room. Christian, Alex, and Emma saw her and tried to approach her but she moved straight into the room.

"Sir I have something really important to say," said Christine

" Yes Christine "

" Anthony. He killed David's fiancée and the mother of his children. Not to forget his children as well "

" What?"

" He did sir. David just didn't kill those people for no reason. It was love, sir. Something that could drive anyone crazy. At least anyone is sane. It was Anthony's wife who persuaded Anthony into this maze and that's why David also killed Anthony's wife. He has so much power sir but he used it in the wrong place. He did corruption and nothing less. Jane couldn't seek justice when she was alive. She deserves justice at least now sir. And only you can do it. "

" I've known him for 25 years now. For once I've never suspected him. How would I know he did something like this and it's not an inappropriate allegation."

" David has the proof, sir. The CCTV footage. I have to meet Anthony sir. We have to catch him before he ruins anyone else's life "

Mr. Grover looked at Christine and never saw her in this argumentative tone. She wasn't in her senses. But it could be used in a good way. She went outside the room and Mr Grover called someone on the other side of the line most probably Anthony.
She went towards her room but heard a familiar voice.

" Christine... "

She turned around and she never felt this happy her pupil dilated and it looked this surprising visit paid off well.
It was Amyra. Christine ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

" Ouch," said Amyra " It kind of hurts here still"

" Sorry, I just don't know what to say. All I can say is I'm so happy to see you "

Alex came from behind and hugged her. Christian gave her a handshake and signaled Christine to go inside his room.
Alex and Amyra need some time alone. So, both Christine and Christian went inside the room.