CHAPTER 5

They both were busy checking some papers and writing on the whiteboard. It's around 1.30 a.m. They have made a chart on the wall with the victims' names, coming up with dots.

" Alex if these people look normal and see normal that means a part of them is getting triggered to turn them like this..."

" Yes cause when they entered the premises they were just fine as can be seen here ( showing her the footage)... "

" Something happens to them.." Alex was continuing his talk but

.... Suddenly,

Amyra starts shaking her hands, her fingers start trembling, She's having an anxiety attack. This happens to her when she has too much in her head. She has breathing problems, and if not taken care of at that moment she has to be hospitalized. Christine has always taken care of her and Amyra forgot to take her meds because of so much workload. This was diagnosed from a very young age. 

"I-I...." Amyra tried to say something but Alex was facing his back and was writing something on the whiteboard. He turned around to find Amyra on the ground lying breathing heavily. Alex rushed down to her and held her in his lap with her head on his thighs and his legs folded.

" Wh-! What's wrong? Amyra What's happening" 

But Amyra is under attack to even speak anything, She was gasping for breath.

" Oh! god, you're under attack. You're turning pale. Amyra can you point out the med you take ..."

Alex found the pump she took from her backpack, rushed towards her gave it to her. She gasped for breath, after the pump she turned a bit normal her fingers and her body hair were still erect. Her legs were shaking, she pointed out the meds she takes. Alex gave it to her. Alex was scared to death. He was on the ground with Amyra's head on his lap till she was okay to get up. He gave his coat to her. Amyra turned to her normal color. They stared at each other in silence, the faint light from the room was not enough to see their face clearly both lost in each other's eyes as if time has stopped or they have forgotten about the past or future.. just at the moment they are and they stayed there for some time. Both snapping to reality, Amyra got up from his lap so did Alex. 

" Here's your coat..."

" Yeah!"

After some moments of silence, they both sat down at the desk.

" Thank you... but keep it a secret from Christine please..."

" Okay! but are you okay?"

" Yes, I am."

"Does it happen often?"

" No, but when I'm too stressed or...

They both were talking to each other and their conversations continued till Alex offered to drop her home and she agreed.