CHAPTER 10

Christine and Amyra reached the office building. After discussing their entire way to the office. They entered the workstation to find Christian and Alex writing on the whiteboard about the medicine and it seems like they have a lead. Upon seeing them entering Christian and Alex laid their full focus on them...

" Ya'll gather here please," said Amyra taking a seat at the desk.

Everyone came and sat beside her and Christine was standing by the whiteboard with her legs crossed and folded arms. "We have some leads," said Christian.

"So as we," Said Christine looking at Amyra.

" So this little girl named Anna was saying that she had seen a picture of a hallway in the van from which we had rescued her yesterday during that apartment attack, she says that the man has a tattoo and he was tall around this height ( showing a height with her hand) about 6ft," said Amyra.

" A tattoo on his wrist" added Christine. " The van was full of Xenophyl injections"

"That's a good lead but we need to know what kind of tattoo is that," said Alex taking a sip of coffee.

" By the way we have found the black market in Africa and there is smuggle of Xenophyl to America and money is transferred through the wire if we find the account through which the money is being transferred we'll solve half of the case," said Christian

" David and Emma are working on that also the medicine has to be injected every 3 times a day, the medicine is not a success because the monsters don't live long after the drug is induced in them," said Alex.

*Emma and David entered the room*

"Red did you two get anything?" asked Emma

"Yeah, we were just talking about that," said Amyra.

The 6 of them were waiting for David to find the account to which the money has been wired also the 6 of them were planning to get themselves ready to track the ship from which the medicine is being smuggled. Alex and Christian informed the police commissioner and the detective of certain places with decks to keep track of ships.

"Hi, Agent Umber this side yes yes...

Alex was talking to the police head and telling him the situation to what was going on. Sometimes in life going through hard times feels like giving up but that's when you have to hold on and keep going because the after result will not make you regret it.

David has hacked into the systems to find out that a ship is to reach the deck today by the afternoon So, they have commanded their forces and the police department to reach the location. The smuggling is taking place in the countryside. They are already with their plan to catch them all red-handed. David provided them with all the details and everything.

" This has to be successful," said Emma to the rest of the members.

" I know and this has to be cause we can't risk anyone getting hurt anymore," said Amyra looking at Alex. Alex nodded in a yes.

All the people have already set out to reach the place where they have said to go, Everything was going as planned.

" If we get in touch with the smugglers on the ship, forget half, the full case will be solved. We'll give them a taste of our medicine to reveal the man behind the mess" said Christine.

" Yes right," said Amyra.

Christine took Amyra to one corner and asked her "By the way, where did you sleep last night?"

" umm," said Amyra

"That's not an answer to a question," said Christine.

" C'mon Amyra stops beating around the bush and spit it out already," said Christine.

" Okay first of all please promise me you won't shout ?" requested Amyra

"I won't," said Christine.

"I slept in Alex's car," said amyra

"Whaaaaaat??" shouted Christine.

Everyone in the office including Christian and Alex started staring at Christine. Christine gave a quick smile to show that everything is in its place. Christian looked at her for a prolonged period and entered David's room to check the locations in which further attack might take place.

" Amyra, are you kidding me ?" asked Christine with utter shock
" I told you not to shout," said Amyra.

" Oh! I got a bit excited " said Christine.

" Tell me everything," said Christine.

"It wasn't like anything that you are thinking. It was late and I was very tired. It felt like I would crash any minute. Alex decided to drop me home. I got in his car. We were talking about the case and I also shared a bit of my childhood with him. Then suddenly I don't even know when it happened, I fell asleep. He didn't want to wake me up. And my dumbass decided to give him the address later and that's exactly what happened " said Amyra.

" Ahh, now I know why he called me at 2. I was in my dreamland back then " said, Christine.

" Wait he called you ?" asked Amyra

" Yes he did, maybe for the address," said Christine.

" Acha one more thing," said Christine.

" He sent me a message too which I saw but I didn't reply," said Christine.

" Wait wtf you knew?" Asked amyra

" I'm your soul mate Amyra. Even in the places where I'm not present, I can sense what's happening " said Christine.

" Shut up! You intentionally did not give him the address so we could spend some time together " said Amyra.

" Now that I think of it, my best friend is quite smart," said Christine, laughing.

Amyra hit Christine playfully and laughed.

They all were in the computer room and Emma was on a call with the police commissioner. And David was on a wired call with a medical shop in Africa's black market. Everyone present in the room was just waiting for the police to catch on those jerks as soon as they reach the deck. ...

There is almost 1 hour left and everyone is seated with their eyes and ears peeled. Just then Amyra's mother called and that phone call distracted everyone. She excused herself to take the call...

" Hello Mom," said Amyra

"My god. where have you been? I hardly get you on the phone" said her mother.

"Yes I know I'm sorry I couldn't visit you and is busy to even call you"

"Are you okay, baccha?"

"Yes, Mom I am, are you ?"

"I am okay if you're okay"

"I am just fine, don't forget to take meds and sleep on time"

"Beta, it's so scary and it's all over the news. I never wanted you to do these jobs"

"Mom please not again. I love what I do. Don't you think someone has to protect the nation? If everyone thought about themselves and sit at home then the world would be under the water by now. People like us lose their sleep so that you'll sleep peacefully at night" said Amyra.

" But you're my daughter"

"And also a worker of the nation" added Amyra

"How's Christi honey?"

"She's okay too you don't worry too much. I'll be home soon. please take care"

"Yes you too and call your mother sometimes too"

"Yes promise I will"

Amyra cut the call and got back inside the room.

Meanwhile, Christine who was standing near the board got a text message right away. She saw the name popping up which made her smile for a brief second.
It said " Maa".
The message said, "I miss you".
Just that and nothing else.
Christine looked a bit emotional but was professional enough to handle her emotions and activated her serious mode and stayed focused throughout the meeting. She didn't speak to her mom for a long time now, and her dad maybe asked her not to.