CHAPTER 8

*The next morning in the office*

"So Christian and you together in a room huh? " said, Amyra.

"Not the same room Amy," said Christine.
"I admit we were staying in the same house but in totally different rooms. Besides Christian is pretty professional. He really just helped me and went to the guest room" said Christine.

"Are you disappointed ?" Said, Amyra.
"No obviously not and why don't you invest your detective energy into the case?" Said, Christine.
"I did, look what we found when you were having an amazing time with your senior," said Amyra.

Christine just rolled her eyes at Amyra. " You know I could say the same for you Amy, You, and Alex in the office alone, that night" Said Christine with a smirk.

"Oh! shut up, you know Emma and David were there in the room beside"

" Oh! now I smell disappointment"

" Look here," said Amyra to Christine changing the topic.

Amyra was showing her some results and paperwork they did and some plots they have drawn out the previous night. The results are yet to come and as soon as it does they would hold their meeting. All 6 members were in the room with their tablets and ready to draw plots and waiting for the results to come in. Mr. Grover would join the meeting too. They.. were talking among themselves...

" The results have come.." said David looking at his lappy ( he calls his laptop that) Everyone looked at him.

He took out a printout of the result. Also, a person from the forensic team called them to say what they have found out.

" Ok guys, if you look here( showing them) a particular point in the paper is that in their blood they are injected with a medication called Xenophel. It's called 'THE ZOMBIE DRUG' it was first found in Africa. It's actually a drug given to people who lose their minds. It was banned and legally it's not supposed to be used on people. So whoever is doing it is of course doing it illegally.

" Amyra the person who is doing it illegally can't be a normal person. He has to be a professional in this field"

" Yes but wait how are you so certain that it's a he and not a she?" Said, Amyra.

Christine told amyra the whole story that she told Christian. All the things she saw yesterday.

" Okay, so one thing that's for sure is that this punk is a boy," said Amyra.

"Hmmm but how can you be so sure?" asked Christine.

* in the meeting room*

" So as everybody is here. Let me start the meeting " said Emma

Everybody nodded giving her the approval of starting the meeting.

" First thing first Xenophel is not available in the market ?" asked Alex.

" No, so whoever is doing it, he as Christine said is a professional in this field, " said Christian.

" why is he doing it ?" asked Amyra.

" That's difficult to say. It can be anything. A grudge or revenge. All in all, it can be anything " said, Christine.

"And also whoever is doing it he has to have a motive," said Emma. 

"Okay, David can you put that on speaker please," said, Alex

Christine and Christian don't know what to put on speaker, as they were out that night cause of Christine's injury. David captured a voice through the drone that was flying all around that night. A voice a male a distorted voice said to the creatures out of the attack premises. Like something has been said by him which triggers the men out there. Whoever, was speaking was using a voice enhancer, so can't really make out what's the real voice but by listening to it closely he said: "KILL". 

"Also guys, if you look here which I was showing Emma the other night is that the man who attacked Black (Christine) is a normal fellow, but can't see his face clearly cause he's standing in a way that his face is blocked by her face," said David.

"Bloody motherfuc..." cursed Christian under his breath.

"He vanished into thin air," said Alex "I don't understand this one thing that how is he getting this medicine from, and why only young and old people are being used for this" added Alex.

" See, the medicine was banned from Africa a long time back because it's dangerous to the human race and it can't be brought to the medical shops as it's illegal. Of course, it's being produced again and I think this mf is contacting the black market in Africa" said Amyra.

The meeting was going on, and Mr. Grover entered the room to ask about how everyone is and how Christine's arm is being. 

"Guys, the people you rescued from the attack yesterday among them a little girl wants to say something," said Mr. Grover after hearing a little deets of what Is going on and what else they have found out. He also assured them that if any people from the force dept are needed they can always call for backup.

After Emma dissolved the meeting after some time of discussing and plotting to make and draw lines, she resigned Amyra and Christine to head over to the girls' house to talk to her. It's a nation's emergency crisis going on so there is no chance of her taking rest, she already sold herself to the nation and took an oath to serve HER to death. Her mother was killed on the spot and her father is in critical condition and admitted to the hospital, she is staying with her grandparents. 

Christine and Amyra took their leave after having a quick breakfast. Alex and Christian wanted to drop them at the desired location but they are needed in the workstation. 

Amyra was driving...

" You know I was thinking something..." Christine was going to say something when Amyra interrupted.

" Did you take your meds?" 

"Yes"

" Okay, continue"

After a pause,

" You know you should let people talk, you always do this"

" Yes because you always forget"

" Don't you think it's strange for an American to contact an African?" asked Christine jumping straight to the point.

"What the actual fuck, I was thinking the same!!" exclaimed Amyra.