CHAPTER 1

After 7.5 years...

" We should go to Italy," said Christine.
" No bro Rome would be better," said Amyra.

Both Christine and Amyra are celebrating their first-ever victory. Here victory resembles them solving a case. It was a Rollercoaster ride.  But efforts never denies. They bought a 4 bhk apartment in New York.  Both of them are staying together and right now discussing which place to visit for their holiday. Both of them are spending some quality time. 

"Bro forget it we'll decide later. I'm rather bored. How about a bike ride ?" Said, Amyra. 
" you know I can't say no to that," said Christine.

*After 2 hours* of riding to their favorite pizza place 

" I'm so tired," said Christine panting for breath.
" I'm not only tired but also hungry," said Amyra.
" let's go for dinner. It's been months since we went outside and ate ". Said Christine
" Not a bad idea," said Amyra. 

Both Christine and Amyra went to eat in a restaurant at last. Both of them took 5 minutes to select a suitable restaurant but took more than 35 minutes to choose what are they going to eat.
They reached a restaurant called "sideline ". Both of them seated themselves and ordered their respective foods.
The architecture of the restaurant was very unique. It was an Indian-style restaurant. It gave a retro vibe. The windows were aesthetic enough. The order arrived.

"It looks delicious," said Amyra.
" No doubt," said Christine. 
"It's been years since we couldn't try fish curry and rice. It feels
like heaven and like a homestyle cooked food ". Said Christine.
" Same. Asian genes bro " said Amyra.

Both Christine and Amyra are from New Delhi,  India.  They are half-American and half Indian.
Christine is Indian on her mother's side and American on her father's side.
Amyra is Indian from her father's side and American from her mother's.
Right now both of them are chit-chatting about how delicious the food is.
" By the way how's Alex?" Asked Christine.
"He's my senior okay?"
"Oh really. I saw you staring at him the first time he came to our office "
"He doesn't come often "
"Are you disappointed "
"Shut up Christine "
"Tell me," said Amyra
"About what "
" your relationship with Christian "
"He's my senior and also good at ignoring people "
"Are you disappointed "
" I see what you are trying Amyra," said Christine.

Alex and Christian are undoubtedly good-looking and too much professional. We didn't even get a proper talk with them. They were just our supervisors in our first case. 

We both giggled and stopped when suddenly both of our notifications came at the same time. We both looked at our phones.  It's from Mr. Grover, our chief.
The message said "Sorry to hijack your exquisite holiday but we need you both right now at the office "
Another message popped. That said, "It's urgent ".
WE BOTH LOOKED AT EACH OTHER BLANKLY AND CURSED AT THE SAME TIME.
This is what we are getting for laughing a bit too much.
"Oh, God!" sighed Christine.  
" what's the matter? " Said, Amyra

"I don't know either "
"We have to find out "
" But for that, we have to go to the chief's office right now "
"Exactly," said Christine. 

We both gobbled our food somehow and paid our bills. We both left the restaurant in a hurry. We reached the chief's office in 40 minutes. We literally flew our bikes there.