CHAPTER 21

"I've found the SUV, it looks the same as how Umber(Alex) defined it," said David looking at his laptop. David is great at his work and never lets anybody touch his laptop. His tech expertise is unmatchable, he's extraordinary in his work. 

"Lemme, look at it," said Alex. "I think this is it" he added looking at the others present.

"We're heading to the headquarters David you stay in the control room and contact Anna," said Emma.

"I guess I'll go and talk to her she might help me in some shape or form," said Christine. "I'll head to her ... you three can go to the headquarters" she added and was going to leave the room...

Christian held by her arm.. she looked back at him they both stared at each other Christian looked at her with those scared and worried eyes.

"Will you be okay?" asked Christian tightening his hold on her but not in a hurtful way.

"I will I promise" 

"I can't lose you," said Christian... "Just keep your Bluetooth on okay? and call me text me send me a pigeon whatever just keep informing me okay?" he added. 

"Okay, boss!! you be careful too" said Christine with a smile on her face.

They were looking at them with shock but not surprised cause it's Christian you're talking about.

"We have to leave now," said Alex...

Alex's pov: 

I'm gonna find you baby I'm coming to you. Just hang on please just don't leave me here alone...

Christian was driving the car...

"She's gonna be alright.. she is the most strong and free-spirited girl I've ever seen," said Christian looking at Alex who wasn't even looking at him. 

"My girl! She will be okay I know her.. she's a fighter," said Alex looking broken. "She has to be" he added under his breath but was loud enough for Christian to hear.

"She will be," said Emma. 

They reached the headquarters... they spoke with the heads.
They went out of the car. 

" Hii Ronald......Ronald Atkinson. I'm the head here and also in charge of the computer work here"

"Hi, nice to meet you. This is Christian We've come here for the case. Mr. Grover must have called you today morning " said Christian

" Oh yes yes  "

Everybody was staring at Ronald.

" what? Step in " said Ronald

Everybody started moving from their places and entered the main room.

" Okay, an SUV was taken from here yesterday.  Could you give us any details as to who must have taken  it ?" Asked Christian

" Oh wait let me open my register "

" umm yes found it....someone named......Darius "

" Darius? Never heard of that name before " said Emma.

"What's the full name ?" Asked Alex

"It's just written Darius with a star," said Ronald

Christian's eye dilated. He went to Ronald who stepped back due to fear and pulled his hands up in a karate position thinking that Christian came forward to hit him.

"Mind if I take a look?" Asked Christian... "Don't worry I'm not gonna fight you" he added.

"Sure," said Ronald looking a bit relieved and handing the register to him.

"It's the same star. It's drawn the same way we saw on the map " said Christian under his breath. He said and looked at Alex and Emma

"So it's certain that the name of the person is Darius?" asked David through the Bluetooth in the ear.

" No David. He's not a fool. He knew we would be looking for him. This is not his real name. Either it's a spare name or he's pulling dirty pranks on us to keep us distracted " said Emma

" David, did you find the last location the car stopped ?" Asked Alex. 

" Yep it stopped near Central Park," said David.

Christine was listening to their conversation the entire time...

"That's where Amyra and I were supposed to meet Anna when she requested us to go somewhere with her," said Christine through Bluetooth.

" Thank you very much for your kindness.  We must leave all at once " said Alex.

Everybody went outside and they deactivated the in-ear and started talking amongst themselves but Christine was there on the other side through the phone.

" Okay so here lies the plan," said Alex.

" Christian and I will go back to the office. We will
make our last respective plans and that is going to be the last game for that ass- forget it. You " said Alex pointing towards Christine who was on speaker.

" I'll go alone," said Christine.

"No," said Alex and Christian together.

"Let's be practical for a second here. Whoever has taken Amyra knows that I will come to save her. For he's certain that I will find him. " said Christine. 

" And ?" Asked Alex

" Well, he wouldn't like to see you guys because he has seen the faces of everybody that works in the field except the one that remains in the headquarters," said Christine

"Okay, so what are you suggesting ?" asked Christian.

"I'll take David with me. Emma has also been seen as she was present in the school operation so I think Davis it is," said Christine.

"So, You'll be at the Central Park and we'll watch over you right?" asked Emma who was sitting in the back seat. The three of them were in the parking garage.

"Are you sure about that ?" Asked Christian with the same concern but he shrugged it off knowing her power.

"Yep pretty much," said Christine.

"Now go you guys. We don't have time to waste " said Christine.

Christian took one last look at the phone "Drive safe and tell me when you're done!" Christian added... he disconnected the call and drove away with Alex and Emma.  Christine turned back and dialed David while she was away.

" Yes Christine," said David on the other end of the phone.

" I need you to come with me to central park "

" what? "

" I need you to come-

"I heard what you said "

"Cool then. Why are you shouting?"

" I'm a tech guy. Carrying out field operations is probably the last thing I wanna do. "

"You're much more than that"

" David look we can't waste any time. It's about the life of a precious innocent person and so many more interlinked with it.  We need you. I need you. We gotta do it successfully for Amyra's sake" Christine added.

David shrugged on the other end...

"You're on your way to Anna's house?" asked David.

"Yes, almost. In traffic will reach there in 5" said Christine.

Hearing this David disconnected the call... this is why one can't help but love groups because there's always a sense of familiarity.