CHAPTER 16

" There is no way it's happening," said Amyra

" Yes it is," said Christine

" So you are saying that the chief invited all of us for a dinner party in 230 FIFTH ROOFTOP because Anthony and his team are coming from Italy?" asked Amyra.

"You heard it correctly," said Christine

Anthony is a consigliere. He has been working for the CIA for 7 years which means sharing information illegally since he knew many criminal organizations. Anthony and Mr. Grover were high school batchmates and friends. He got transferred to Italy and is returning here almost after 5 years. He had thrown a party for all the CIA members and as the chief said everybody should be present there.

" Therefore we also have to execute our plan safe and sound without anyone getting hurt," said Christine

"Do Alex and Christian know about it ?" asked Amyra.

"They are probably the first ones to know," said Christine.

Christine and Amyra were standing at the front door of David's office. They both were talking about the event.

" I don't have anything to wear," said Amyra

" I don't either," said Christine

They both were in the conversation when suddenly

" For now why don't we go and save the world?" Said Alex

" Yeah yeah course," said Christine with a shrug

*In the basement*

" let's all go together, that way it would be easier for us to locate our respective places according to the plan," said Christian.

" Yeah I think Christian is correct," said Amyra.

Everyone just nodded. Christian smirked at Christine before getting inside the car. The whole car ride was talking about what they gonna do once they reach there.

*Christine's pov*

For some reason, I found peace in talking about work. That way Christian's gonna be distracted otherwise how am I gonna face him after what happened yesterday? I kissed my senior who is also my partner in this case. What am I even supposed to do? Act as if nothing has happened? Or say something? Because Christian seems pretty cool about the whole situation. He's just casually glaring at me, smiling at me, knowing damn well what he is doing to me. Maybe it's better to just pretend like this has not affected me in any way when all I've been thinking about is him. Sitting in the car next to him and dreaming about what happened yesterday sends chills down my spine.

All of them reached the school. It's 10 am perfect timing cause all the students are inside the building after the assembly. They told the principal to announce after the first period for the students to form a line to perform a drill as they are young they wouldn't be needed to be in any situation to panic. The classes are to be held normally at that time half of the force is ready-at-back door with the vans to make the students get in and half would be handled by the four or 5 of them including the police and the special forces. They have to do the job before the attack because once they enter people are gonna get hurt. Firing would be done and there would be chaos. Emma is also present in the field and David is pissed off for not informing him so late. He's in the work van with his drone and his lappy. 

"Anna is gonna be in one of the classrooms I need her to be safe, she's going to be the key to this case," said Amyra standing with Alex. Alex held her hand saying "It's gonna be just fine"

"I hope so," said Amyra smiling at him. 

After the first period, the principal announced as told earlier. All the 1200 students were on the ground. Half were taken from the back door to the van saying they were going for a trip and half of them from the front. Anna was also one of them.

The forces at the back door informed that the creature was coming as David has already seen them from afar. On Emma's order, the snipers would go off. They were at a distance of 2 meters when Emma told them to fire.

" Christine and Alex cover the back gates in case of any casualties " ordered Emma through the Bluetooth in her ear.

 "Copy that," said Alex and Christine together

*In the back gate*

" Christian and Amyra cover the front gates and try to prevent the entry of those creatures," said Emma. 

Christine and Amyra went to the back gate and tried to take the kids out individually. Alex was busy guiding them. Christine was talking to Anna.
" Christine, where are we going ?" Asked Anna

" Um we all are going to our respective houses," said Christine

"Why?"

" Because the school is holding vacations a bit early this year due to the increasing heat "

Anna turned to look away and was going to get in the van when she turned around again and asked

" Amyra and you keep yourselves safe ." Said Anna with a slight smile on her face. 

Christine smiled and waved her goodbye. She turned and suddenly one of the creatures attacked her from behind.  She kicked him in his chest which made him stumble on the floor. She took her gun out in a hurry and shot him right in the head.

" Are you okay?" Asked Alex
" Yes," said Christine

*In the front gate*

" Take all the kids to the van safely. Don't worry. I'll shoot anyone that comes your way " said Christian.

"Okay," said amyra

Amyra started taking all the kids to the van one by one.  Christian kept his aim through the sniper and he was watching from a height. It was hushed. When suddenly a car came and the door fell open. Amyra boarded all the kids on the van and it went away safely.  The unknown car caught her attention and she was going her way in the car when

" Amyra stop "

Amyra couldn't hear him and kept on moving forward. 
"Shit!!" muttered Christian under his breath.
He aimed the sniper and started shooting all the creatures one by one. 
One of them even attacked Amyra and she managed to bring out the gun and pull the trigger.

Everyone waited silently to see if anything else would come but nothing did. So this mission marked a success.

All of them enjoyed their victory. David was a bit sad for not telling him earlier but the others told him the reason is that as he's the tech guy so it would be better if he just knew the deets and just stays in the van.

"Everyone did a great job" Emma congratulated everyone. "Drinks on me someday. For now, take a rest and meet you all on the evening cruise" she added. 

The night went well... no child was harmed the infected were killed.  Also, Amyra and Christine are going to meet Anna tomorrow as she has something to show them...