CHAPTER 12

Amyra and Christine were heading home because they didn't get sleep properly for the last few days now. They both were on their respective bike when Amyra took a turn at the gas station and so did Christine. The government lifted the lockdown a week ago cause people can't be sitting at home forever... It's already been 20 days. The government can't afford another lockdown after the COVID outbreak.

"Imma grab a drink," said Amyra through her helmet." you wanna come?"

"No, but it's too late Amy. Don't drink and drive, please. I won't save your ass every time. Im gonna go to sleep as I hit the bed. You book a cab and head straight back home" said Christine with a mother-like tone, got on her bike, and drove straight back home.

"Ugh! Always acting like my mom" Amyra said under her breath.

Amyra headed towards Bar 54. This bar is open for 24hrs and has varieties of drinks and beverages. The bartenders are so good-looking, the main reason for Amyra to come here.

*It's 1 a.m*

She got herself a glass of whiskey.

*Amyr's pov*

Why is he like this? He is so confusing. He could have told me something. In the car when I was pretending to sleep, he was staring at me. I could feel it. But what does he mean by " I am driving him crazy"? What did I even do? Oh gosh the case itself is stressful and now this ...
" Excuse me one more glass please "
I can't drive in this condition. I am so drunk.
Let me call Christine.......
Amyra took the phone out of her bag and dialed Christine.
"Why does she never pick up my call on time?" This girl...
Amyra was about to keep her phone but she got an evil idea. She smirked a bit.
" Hello "

" Amyra speaking "

" Amyra I know it's you," said Alex

" Yeah I've got to tell you some- something," said Amyra barely being able to speak

" Yeah"

"Why are you so confusing ?"

" Huh?"

" You like to play with my feeling... " Amyra sounded drunk while speaking.

"Amyra, where are you right now?"

" See you never answer the goddamn question. In your whole journey of being an agent, did anyone ever tell you that you are a bad listener" Amyra was tipsy, her words were half-eaten. Her voice was low and tangled.

" Tell me what you wanna say, wait are you drunk?" Alex asked concerned.

" you're really an agent huh... you'll be damned if you keep ignoring my genuine feelings for you"

"I'm not ignoring your feelings, Amyra, You have no idea what I feel for you. So now can you please tell me, where you are right now!"

" I don't know. I forgot. Excuse me sir what's the name of your bar?" Asked Amyra signaling one of the waiters with her hand

" It's bar 54," said one of the workers

" I am coming," said Alex and ended the call.

" Hello hello, Alex?" Said amyra
Amyra put his head down on the restaurant table and started murmuring.

When Amyra called Alex he was on his laptop in his bed relaxing and working a bit. He doesn't like to pick up anyone else's call while he's at work or in his bed cause he hardly gets any time to sleep or rest but he didn't even think twice before answering Amyra's call.

*After 20 minutes*

Alex reached the restaurant looking for Amyra. He spotted Amyra at once.
" what are you doing?" Said Alex

"  I am seeing you again, why is everyone looking like Alex? Something must be wrong with me. Why do I keep seeing you? " Said, Amyra.

" Well you are seeing me because apparently, it looks like I'm here," said Alex.

" you kno-" Amyra couldn't finish her sentence and was about to fall while stumbling on the chair when Alex caught her. Their face was only an inch apart from each other. They were so close that they could feel each other's warmth. Alex stared at her for a few seconds with a concerned look and held her in bridal style and went back to his car and put her safely in the passenger seat.
" Okay you gonna have to wait here just a little bit," said Alex.

Alex rushed inside the restaurant and paid for her food and came back again and sat inside the car.
He took his phone from his backpack and dialed Christine.
" Please pick up the phone this time," said Alex

"Hello," said Christine clearly yawning and trying to talk as she was sleeping.

" um, Christine?"

" Yeah Alex what is it "

" It's about amyra "

" Wait what what happened to her?" Said Christine shot up from her bed and started talking as if a few seconds back she wasn't in her dreamland.

" Calm down! Nothing happened to her. I just wanted to know your address "

" wait... is Amyra with you ?"

" Yes"

" she drank a lot, didn't she?"

" A lot "

"I knew it! Okay note it down "

Christine gave her address to Alex and hung up. He started driving the car and reached the location within a few minutes.

Alex was holding her up in a bridal way in front of her house and rang the doorbell. Amyra's face was dug into Alex's neck...

Alex's pov:

What's happening in my stomach... why am I feeling this way. This woman in my arms... I just want to carry her this way forever if I have to but I don't know why or what is making me think or feel this way. 

Amyra looked like a little girl in his arms, his arms holding her up. She had her one hand dangling down and her breaths near his neck giving him chills to the spine. Heart beating fast, mind swirling on adrenaline. He doesn't know what's happening but definitely something he's feeling deep down for her.

"I'm really sorry for the trouble," said Christine kn opening the door. She welcomed him inside.

"No, issues," said Alex placing her on her bed as he walked in. Amyra was deep in sleep, sunk into her bed. 

"She doesn't get drunk so easily but when she does you know now," said Christine removing her stare from Amyra and placing it on Alex.

"Yes, pretty well"

"Would you mind having a coffee?"

"Actually no, it's late now I should head home. I'll surely have it someday, We have a meeting tomorrow, so I gotta go"

" Yes, sure. Take care" Christine walked him to the door.

"Please take care of her and You too"