CHAPTER 28

Christine's pov :

Everybody looked pretty confused when they saw me in the meeting room. I sat cross-legged on one of the chairs opposite everybody holding a document and carefully reading it. Everyone was sitting opposite me. Mr. Grover, David, Emma, Christian, and Alex. They looked at me as if they wanted answers from me. I finally looked up from my research papers, gave them a broad sarcastic smile, and stood up.

"We all are just waiting for Amyra to connect. Once she does, we'll start the meeting " said I.

Everybody just nodded in approval of what I just said. Christian gave me a nod and Alex kept staring at the screen where Amyra would pop up.
Right after five minutes, Amyra came online, and as mentioned before, we started the meeting.

" So first, I apologize for this sudden meeting and I am grateful to each and one of you for showing up despite everything that's been going on. But today is a crucial day. Since the last few months, we've all gone through a lot, mostly bad days. And I think it's high time we get the recognition we deserve "

"What is the matter, Christine?" Said Mr. Grover.

" I think you all want me to say the matter but I think it would be far far better if our computer expert explains this because he will know it better for sure "

" I?" David said with utter shock on his face

" Yes, David. You. Is that so shocking? Or you are just an excellent actor ?"

" I don't understand what you're saying," said David still with a surprised expression as if someone knew a secret he wanted to keep with him till death.

" you'll definitely will once I start explaining "

" David, what is your real name ?"

"Uhm I uh- " said David

" So what do you want me to call you? David or Darius? I prefer Darius. I ain't gonna lie ".

"What is happening? I am not understanding. Can you please be clear Christine " said Emma staring at David with a not-so-familiar face.

" Everything that has been happening till now. He is behind the mess. The mastermind that we've been talking about.

" What!?" Said, Alex.

Christine's pov:

Christian just looked at me, hinting at me to continue explaining the situation. Amyra just smiled, cause she knows how things will unfold now. She's eating and looking at us through the screen. She was casual about it because ofcourse after I figured it out, she played a significant role in it. And organizing a meeting was our idea as well.

"Mhm, the food tastes good today you know Darius! Oh sorry, I like David more!!" Amyra added from the screen.
"You were so good at torturing me, why are you so quiet?" Said, Amyra. " You knew, this was coming your way it was. But are you still gonna act innocent? Hm? David? We had such a good time in the basement, you beating the shit out of me, injecting me with the Xenophel how can you deny it?. Why don't you show them your cut-off baby finger which I chewed off? I know how much I mean to you!" Amyra smirked at him with fire in her eyes.

 David was feeling the burn inside of him as Amyra said all these things to him. He was perspiring, nervous, his stomach twisting in knots and his mind just saying something...

David's pov:

I should have killed her. This bitch!

"David! You better come up with some explanation!!" Christian said with a loud voice.

Alex banged on the table with his fist and looked at him. "You better start talking before I rip your throat out right here in this room"

Mr. Grover couldn't understand or get a grip on what was happening at the moment. "David is this true? What are they saying? Emma?"
"I don't know sir!!" Said, Emma confused, wasn't sure how to react. She had been working with David for a very long time now, how could he ...?