CHAPTER 2

We reached the chief's office. He was sitting at his table with a frown on his forehead, he looks so distressed what can be the matter that made him look like this? 

Christian and Alex were also present in the room.  

"What can be the matter that all of a sudden they all have such a misplaced expression, "thought Amyra. 

"I'm apologetic for the way I made you rush here as you know I wouldn't have called if it isn't that important or crucial. You both have been great in your first case but this one is a bit how do I put it..." said the chief  "There's is an apocalypse not quite of zombies but some human-less creatures"

" Wait... wait... what?." said Christine in shock. 

"Human-less what is... oh my god... wait is that how it's shown in movies?!!!!" said Amyra

" Yes kinda like in the movies except these people don't eat flesh they convert other people into zombies by transfusing the virus inside their bodies," said Christian while leaning at the table frame cross legged'

"I too have never seen any case like this... among all these years this is so different and give chills to the bones," Alex added while sitting on the couch at the corner of the room with his arms folded.

"The world needs the four of you and so do I. " the chief said. "Others know this too and many would join in including them [ pointing finger at Christian and Alex ] you would have your team the next day and I want to get to the roots of this disease and erase it and I know y'all would be able to do it" The chief added.

Amyra and Christine looked at each other. They knew they had to do it because it was their job and also a duty to serve the nation.  The pressure was a bit high this time. Because we are not handling killers. We are handling technically dead people. We still don't have any idea how to make our way out of the whole situation. It feels surreal. It sounds like those exactly we see in movies.

After the chief left his office room.

" Should we drop you two home?" Christian and Alex both offered.

Amyra and Christine looked at each other surprised. Christian and Alex offering a ride is a one-time thing obviously. Christine looked at Amyra and both the best friends shared some what is called eye language. Both of them finally entered the car.  The car looked like it is taken care of properly. It smelled of lavender and rose mixed. It sounds weird but the smell was oddly satisfying.

 "I know this is random but can I ask your full name? I know that we aren't supposed to reveal our names but..." without letting Christine complete her words they both said their names. CHRISTIAN HODSON AND ALEX WARNER. " As we would be working together we should know each other and you don't have to be so formal with me. Y'all can call me just by our names when we are working together without anyone present but I hope you won't reveal my full name to everyone" Alex said looking at Amyra. Amyra's expression was all over the place. Christian looked at Christine and smirked. Christine looked at Amyra and raised her eyebrows with a small smile. 

" But I don't know how this is possible in this modern world people are becoming zombies like actually murdering people without eating them... how can someone be so soulless to do such a heinous thing," said Amyra. " Everything is possible and I'm quite surprised too that in my 6.5 years of work, I've never seen such a case I think you both should be ready for everything coming your way cause here there is no place for excuses," said Christian looking at Christine. Christine looked flushed and Amyra squeezed her hands. 

They reached their apartment at around 10 p.m. They both were quiet the entire way to their floor and entered their home. Christine went to the kitchen to cook some food as she can't trust Amyra with fire and food. She was there to help her. They had each other since childhood for 6 years now precisely. From escaping the house together to joining the CIA with their finances they had been with each other and supported each other for every nook and corner of their life. They were not just friends but family. Christine's family is not in touch with her, Amyra's parents are the same except her mother. Her mother loves Christine dearly too and considers her daughter. They both have handled each other and will always do so...

" What would happen?" said Christine while cooking some fried rice.

" The worse that can happen is that we'll die," said Amyra casually. 

" Yaaa! Everything is not a joke and stop taking things casually you know this is something concerning the world rather than our nation and you know I can't lose you" Christine said with concerned eyes. " I know that there's no guarantee to anything not even our life, we sold ourselves to the nation but if something happens to you... " "Why are you so emotional listen we have to find the sinner whoever is doing this and I promise nothing would happen to us and even if I become a zombie I'll make sure to bite you first haha," Amyra said without letting Christine complete. 

" You can never change Amy haha," said Christian

" YOU JUMP I JUMP REMEMBER?" they both said this together and hugged each other. 

In life, we all need someone who is just there to listen to us cause a listener needs a listener too. 

They both talked to each other while having their dinner about many things. And went to sleep cause they have to get up early in the morning and get ready for their mission 'has to be possible'. In the middle of the night, Christine is awakened by the strange sound of someone scratching their door. She went to see who is it and why... as she saw there was no one standing at the door through the peephole. But as she turned away the sound came again, sent chills to her... she opened the door saying "who is it"... and then at that moment, a knife went through her heart.... bloo...

"Christine? Christine...? CHRISTINEEEE WAKE UP" shouted Amyra with concern in her eyes. 

" What no noo... " Christine screamed as she opened her eyes and sat down on her bed panting for breath. She was covered in sweat and it was just a nightmare. She gets these when she's too in her mind or something upsets her. 

" Chris you okay?... " said Amyra rubbing her back.

" Not really.. it was terrifying... I mean he wasn't human" said Christine gasping for breath. 

" The man in your dream? " Amyra asked

" yes," said Christine. 

" Wait I'll bring your medicine" Amyra went to bring her medicine. She took the meds and sat down on her bed cross-legged. " Hey, Amy I think my dream meant something you know... I was stabbed to the heart not the carotid artery in the neck which has the blood pressure and when cut, blood gushes out fast. I think they drink the blood from the heart and they stab them not bite" Christine stood up and sat down after completing. 

After almost 3 min

" This was just a dream and if that's true we'll get to know while working on it," said Amyra. Christine nodded. " I think we should get some sleep.. goodnight" " Yeah! goodnight" Christine slept hugging Amy.