CHAPTER 14

"Where are you Christi?" asked Amyra on the call.

"You fucker went to a bookstore with him!! You didn't even finish talking and what happened with me and Alex I need a fucking explanation!" Amyra was shouting from the other side of the phone when she was in the washroom.

"Amy, I'll talk to you later. My ears just blasted, he's just beside me please I'll talk to you later" Christine disconnected the call saying this.

"Hello? HELLO? Wtf, you bitch."

Amyra was perplexed and didn't know what to do or say.

Amyra's pov:

Should I ask him myself or... will that be too much. She must be lying but why can't I remember anything? I shouldn't drink so much. God!!. I know that I didn't have sex with him but maybe we did kiss and perhaps he's embarrassed with me or I did or said something I shouldn't have...What if I did force myself on him but I wouldn't do that? right?....

Amyra was overthinking so much. She came out of the washroom and was going to the lounge when saw Alex sitting there with his laptop. She made a U-turn, returned to the canteen, and sat there. Even she doesn't know why she is acting this way but she can't go there knowing the truth.

*MEANWHILE*

*In the bookstore*

"You like any specific kind of books?" asked Christine looking at him who is busy fidgeting between two classic genre books.

"Not really but I like to read classics and mystery," Christian said looking at a book in his hand that he has picked from the shelf. " Oh! this book is my favorite you should read it sometime" Christian added showing her the cover of the book.

"Oh cool but If you want some mystery then you can give this book a read" Christine handed him a book from the mystery section. "And Also-.." Christine half ate her words because she trying to get a book from the top.

Christian came from behind and reached out for that book over her head, she turned around just to be just half an inch away from his lips and a little push would be a game-changer... If captured in a camera this close the picture would have been on the front page of the magazine and how they look so adorable.

"Here," said Christian handing the book to her not moving an inch away from her.

"No, I was getting that for you," she said maintaining eye contact.

"Right," Christian took a step back letting her breath for a moment because he knew exactly what he did.

Christian gave her the softest smile in the entire world and I promise you any girl in her place would have fainted right then and there.

Christine's pov:

What did just happen? did I just experience a scene from the movie, It felt so unreal. *screaming internally*

Christine is a girl who would never show on her face how much she is dying inside, it never shows in her face but she did blush this time just like those teenage fangirls.

"Oh, I've heard of this book NOW YOU KNOW. I'll get it then" said Christian while walking together to the billing counter. He's acting as if nothing happened.

"Yes, It's amazing I've read it twice" she followed him.

"Mhm," he said while billing, that smirk on his face made the girl at the counter stared at him for seconds. 

After did their billing and all...

"You wanna grab something to eat?" asked Christian looking straight into her eyes.

"Yeah"

*In the office*

Amyra was eating her little hangover meal when Alex sat just opposite her. She choked on her soup...

"Ignoring me?" asked Alex with a straight face no expressions.

"No" she replied, coughing cause of such a straight question thrown at her face. 

Alex handed her a glass of water and wiping a food particle from her lips he again continued...

"What did you run back here for?" Said Alex looking straight into her without blinking.

Amyra's Pov:

He should stop looking at me that way, and what's with the little stunts he pulls?

"I'll stop beating around the bush and come to the point," said Amyra, looking at him, and placing the bowl aside.

"Yes, Please" he leaning forward.

"What did happen between us yesterday? Did I do something you're not telling me about? If I did I'm sorry, I might have embarrassed you and I promise it won't happen again..." Amyra was going on non-stop when Alex interrupted her in between.

"Relax, Amyra. You're quite an overthinker I see. And to calm your little head nothing happened between us yesterday. I just dropped you home 'cause you were drunk" said Alex...

"Oh," Amyra replied relieved.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"This bitch" Amyra cursed Christine under her breath...

Alex and Amyra were talking...

*In a cafe*

Christine choked on her food.

"You okay?" asked Christine with his worried face.

"Yes, I just bit my tongue, someone might be thinking about me. (this is an Indian superstition that if you choke on your food or bite your tongue it is considered that someone is thinking or saying something about you)"

"Here, You have food on your face"

Christian came forward to wipe off the food piece from her lips with his fingers.

Christine's pov:

He didn't even use a napkin...

He smiled at me

"Eat carefully," said Christian and started talking about something else while he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Yours look better," said Christine."Wanna trade?"

"Sure, You needn't ask," said Christian and handed over his sandwich to her and took hers and took a bite from hers.

The tension between them is increasing day by day.

"You know Christine"

Christine looked at him.

"That night when I was talking about my life, I never talked about my life so much before but to you, it just flowed and it felt good. Other than Alex no one knows so much about me except you"

Christine smiled

"I'm glad that I was a good listener, and if you need to pour yourself out I'm always one call away"

"What if I come to your house?" Said, Christian. 

"Huh?" Said Christine.

" I mean " his eyes soft, chewing on the food, messy hair, a bit flushed. He was going to finish what he meant...

" Yeah sure you can always come to my house ". she smiled, because yeah she couldn't take any more tease from him.