Seen twenty five

Bella Chloe

Nagising ako sa tunog ng alarm clock ko. Nag unat-unat pa ko dahil my back kinda hurts. I slept on her couch last night, which was unusual for me. I stretched a few more times and closed my eyes for a few minutes before heading to the kitchen to make breakfast for Misha.

I hurriedly reheated the mushroom soup I made last night because I didn't have enough time to prepare a meal. I have to return home so I can take a bath before leaving for work. I also considered grabbing some coffee and bread for breakfast in the drive-through. I reheat her meal before going to her room to see how she's doing. I carefully approached her while ensuring that she was still sound asleep.

Last night, I didn't get enough sleep. Apart from not being at ease on the couch, I am continuously concerned about Misha. I stayed with her all night, checking on her and taking her temperature. But as long as she's fine, it's fine.

Tinanggal ko ang kamay ko mula sa noo niya. "Buti naman hindi ka na gano'n ka init."

Inayos ko ang pagkakalagay ng kumot sa katawan niya bago ko kunin ang gamot na nakapatong sa side table niya. Dahan-dahan akong lumabas ng kwarto at dumiretso sa kusina. I get a glass of water, then place it on the table together with the medicine.

I reached into my purse and pulled out some sticky notes and a ballpoint pen. I made some reminders for her so she wouldn't forget to drink her medicine after eating or do anything else she shouldn't do while I'm gone. I went back to the kitchen and pinned it to her refrigerator. Laking gulat ko nang pagtalikod ko ay nasa likod ko na siya. Her face is too close to mine, yet her eyes are fixed on a sticky note on her fridge, and her hands are tucked inside her pocket.

"Bawal lumabas?" Pagbasa niya. Nilipat niya ang tingin sa'kin. "Why?"

"Kasi may sakit ka? Obvious naman." Aalis na sana ako sa harapan niya nang itukod niya ang kanang kamay sa fridge.

The corners of her lips rose slightly. "Paano kung gusto ko bumili sa labas?"

"Give me a list ng mga gusto mong bilhin. Ako na bibili. Wait for me to come home." I gulped hard because of the intense stare that she was giving me. "Basta dito ka lang, and that's final."

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin dahil hindi ko kaya salubungin ang mga mata niya. I keep staring at her eyes, and each time I do, they grow even more exquisite.  I feel like a part of me is being drawn in by it, as if it's trying to engulf me. If I permit myself to gaze into her eyes for a little while longer, I'm terrified of what I could do. I might do something that I'll regret later because of embarrassment.

Muli ko sinubukan umalis sa harap niya kaso lalo pa niya nilapit ang sarili sa'kin. "What if ayoko sumunod?" Her eyes were still fixed on me.

"What if iuntog kita dito sa ref?" She had an amused look on her face, so I kicked her on her right knee na kinaluhod niya.

"Aray ko naman!" She's limping while holding her right knee. "Nilalagnat na nga yung tao."

"Deserve." Hindi siya makapaniwalang tumingin sa'kin. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Nilalagnat ka na nga tapos ayaw mo pa sumunod."

"Bakit ko ba kasi kaila-" Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata at inambang sisipain siya ulit. "Opo, walang lalabas."

Pinilit niyang tumayo ng maayos at sinilip ang pagkain na nasa stove. Inunahan ko na siya kumuha ng bowl at sandok para paglagyan siya. Tinuro ko yung lamesa, mukhang na-gets naman niya dahil nagpunta siya doon at umupo. Kumuha ako ng kutsara bago ilapag sa harap niya ang pagkain.

"Hindi mo ko sasabayan ulit kumain?"

Umiling ako. "I need to go to work. Anything you want me to buy?"