42.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

The carriage had turned silent soon after Rhea had somewhat accepted Romulus's proposal, of course, it was always beneficial to think things over before giving a formal answer.
And the King seemed to be happy with the response, or at least thankful that she wasn't as nervous or fearful any longer.

Although Rhea was always fearful in the company of wolves, which didn't help her case considering that Romulus had explained that the inn was where he and his Enforcers were looking for her.

It was curious that Romulus had been looking—not hunting—for her since her run-in with his Enforcers. And goddess, had she managed to turn everything around, there was still a bit of doubt.

As she wouldn't have managed to figure out the will of those Rogues.

Upon approaching the inn, the coach's door opened and Romulus did not hesitate to take the first steps out and stood tall and lethal as he waited for his nearly-deemed fiancee to follow.

With a quick inhale, she held tightly to her cane and managed to maneuver herself towards the thin door and take the first step onward. Though it wasn't very confident and she could visibly see her body shaking.

Though Romulus' offering hand was a thankful addition, even if the steps were still steep—And he squeezed his grasp tightened, but smiled all the same, given that Amory remained as regal as possible.

The Enforcers were aligned every which way to ensure a hidden appearance, but most knew that this inn was full and under the control of the King. Yet hearing the small thud to the ground, Romulus had turned to look down, his eyes connecting to the cane.

"What is this?"

"Can we please discuss this with the rest...In private?" Romulus had leaned forward at the first hint of her whisper, but given that all the wolves were lingering and listening, he hummed. Realizing it was rather fruitless to make such a question in the public eye.

However, upon turning to her right and just beside the door was a face that Rhea had never thought she would see again. And a gasp of excitement had rained through her.
"Clive!" She did not hesitate to let go of her hold on Romulus and rush towards him. But it gave way to see just how her mobility was limited, and so Clive had met her more than halfway and pulled her into a hug.

"I've missed you so much, goddess, I'm so sorry!" She cried into his shoulder before taking his cheek into her hand. "Are you well, you weren't hurt?"

"Not a scratch! The King and his Enforcers had found us just a few days after you were taken. And you shouldn't be the one to apologize...If I hadn't gotten the fever—"

"There was nothing to it, and I'm glad you're in good health...Does that mean that Ray is—"

"Just the same! He's inside." Her eyes drifted towards the structure of the inn and kissed Clive's cheek and began to waddle in. Leaving Romulus to be the one to catch up with her. Not that it wasn't simple enough with just two long strides, but there was a feeling of pride deep in his chest that erupted for taking care of and reuniting her missing pack members.

Perhaps that would help in having her make a decision on his offer. He would make it known that they would not have to rush into anything, even if their engagement lasts a full year.

He would wait.
He would wait for an entirety for Amory Vrovaria, the true Queen of Vrovaria.

Though his smile only continued as he caught Ray's reaction, and Clive was just as overjoyed. "Everyone is alive—Gilroy, Dane, Rolf, and Hawes—They're all well." She rushed with her explanation of the matters revolving around them, while Romulus had stayed dutifully by her side with his hands cuffed behind his back.

The Brave Human Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें