1.

* * ☾ * *

King Romulus' POV
Thirteen Years Later

It was strange to have such a perfect view of the moon, but King Romulus could hardly remember a time when he wasn't this high in the kingdom—No longer considered a barbarian in a small territory.

No, he was the highest-ranking wolf in the Tirean Kingdom, watching over the sectioned packs throughout, in addition to adding human settlements within them. But there was still a bit of animosity in the air.
Every day he was issued on the attempted revolts of humans being treated unfairly or being enslaved. Romulus was doing his best to rid the kingdom of these Rogues, these outlaws from ignoring his ruling and King's guard—His Enforcers.

It was one of the implications he had added to the kingdom once his father had passed away, a death that was looming on the horizon ever since his mate had been killed. It was outstanding that Randal had lived for as long as he did, but he died an Alpha King.

The late King Randal had carved the way for their kind to grow out of their barbaric titles and into a new era of life.

Romulus' only regret is not being able to save Queen Amory, yet her memory lives on in the Vrovarian Accords, to keep and retain the rights of humans. Even if it took defying his father at the best of times to keep his word to Amory, it was the least he could do for the well-known Queen who held an hour's reign before being engulfed into the flames.

It hurt his inner soul—His wolf, knowing that he failed to protect such a gentle female. That she died for a cause that wasn't ready to be introduced and solved. Romulus worked daily with different human noblemen that held positions on his council, aside from his own Royal Beta and Delta, he took in and heard a good portion of complaints daily.

Yet even with all his efforts, he still felt a large amount of guilt in his chest. Even when he had to fight every challenging wolf wanting to take the title of Alpha King. And in memory of the endless days and endless sparing had riddled his skin, giving him the season texture that spoke of his title to whoever met him in person.

Wolf or human alike.

There were numerous changes to the castle itself, but a few trinkets he had kept. The portrait of a young Amory had been kept, and the mix of servants and Omegas would always leave a plethora of flowers underneath her painting. Speaking both to her interest and the time well spent with her in her final days.

A growl had settled in the back of his throat as he felt the incoming wolf and human duo at the door, leaving his break going disturbed once again. "My king? Are you there?" It was pointless for Wilhelm to question, this was always his destination when he wished to be alone, and his wolves knew better than to come sniffing around these parts.

"If I say no, would you come back later, Wilhelm?" He returned as the door started to creak open—Leaving the Advisor to come crashing forward followed by the Royal Delta, whose face was just as regal in this instance as it had been at dinner.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, sir. I realize this is your—" The human flinched as Romulus turned over his shoulder, clearly the man hadn't gotten used to the riddled scars taking up the better of his face. But he smirked catching the fear permeating the air.

"That I am here to sort my thoughts?... Say your piece, Wilhelm. Then you may proceed, Lyall." With the voice of acceptance, both males had come forward and the human had procedures a whole scroll of different topics that needed to be discussed in the future—Most likely this coming weekend when the bustle of the castle calmed down.

"The Rogues continue to pillage the established packs. They have started to slaughter those in their way. That means both humans and wolves, my King." Wilhelm had found an end to his sentence as he caught Romulus' shake of the head.