15.

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

It seemed as though whatever sort of illness that Ray and Clive had caught had found its way into Rhea's system, and from then on, the rest of the humans. The only issue is that Rhea couldn't put much support into caring for her men as she had with the others.

The ones they foolishly left behind and hid.

The mere thought of hearing Clive's boyish laughter always struck her the same, which caused a wave of sadness to wash over her. Not to mention that this entire illness was certainly angering Alpha Osmin more than he already was.
As it kept them stationed at the temporary camp for another two days.

For the majority of the time, Rhea was tucked away in the tent. Separated from her men and hoping that there would be some revelation or idea that would come save her like it had the last time.

Currently, she was retaining the impression that Alpha Severin was killed in the fire, and whatever other Alpha was there, considering there seemed to be another leader amongst the factions.

Yet when night came, a wolf had willed itself at the entered—His head down in temptation, and while Rhea was due for checking on her concussion and was highly susceptible to the tea she had just drank, Rhea accepted this stranger—This wolf.

Her hand had reached out from the layers she hide under, and that upped the wolf's attention as he inched forward. Not willing to his excitement out just yet. So when his snoot had started going back, it had nuzzled her stomach, and goddess Rhea's free hand had clutched her pillow tightly.

Worried that the secret would finally be outed.

But no, the wolf's head had rested his chin onto her stomach in a sense of security. And Rhea was left to theorize once more of the intimacy of wolves, the only thing she knew was what patients share.

"Sev?" She whispered, trying to play up her already dangerous lie. And the wolf only huffed once more, but it didn't sound like a disagreement—Leaving Rhea to smile lightly, as she always loved her father's hunting dogs when the season came around.
Those mutts she could deal with, not when they stood taller than her by a few feet.

"Not Sev..." She mumbled in reply, earning a sort of nuzzling, which wasn't as comforting as the male made it out to be. "Is he dead?" She questioned, her eyes glancing back up to the ceiling as she tempted to think of a solution—Losing a pup?
Wouldn't that hurt a wolf?

"Probably better if you didn't tell me..." The look in the wolf's eyes suggested as much, but Rhea could hardly wait for another possibility of a lie settling into place. Not when the wolf had started to morph back into a human, an Alpha at that.

"Rest. We're traveling tomorrow."

"...Great."

"I've stalled them long enough, female. We're due to get the others into holding." He was speaking with her as though she understood, as though she were okay with it.

"Your Alpha Severin will be there, and if not then that pup will—" Determination filled Rhea's eyes as she moved away, even if this child, this pup, was evidently a lie—It hurt the mere thought of any child of hers would be hurt.

Damnit, perhaps she did want a child.
What a time to come to that conclusion.

"Figured as much. No, you would be in more pain if your Alpha was killed. He's told you about the Enforcers sniffing around?" Did this pup offer trust?
Truly?
What sense did this make in the good realm of things?