Chapter 1 - Broken Record (1)

"It was time to tell you the truth. But even I don't know which is the truth anymore."

- Cale Henituse

~~~

“It was time for the truth to be said.”
That statement is the reason why Cale’s people that participated in the war with the White star has gathered in the Henituse Duchy. From the Henituse couple to even dragons, the meeting hall that the Henituse used for any private discussions is packed due to that one statement from the Commander, and as per Clopeh’s description the legend who saved them all from damnation.

Cale Henituse.

Murmurs filled the meeting room as everyone got comfortable with each other, from greeting the house owners to routing around engaging in the conversations with others. The discussion range from the weather to the possible announcement the Red Head would announce.

“The fact that he can gather the entire world from just one statement never cease to amaze me.” Taylor Stan gaped as his eyes scan the different races all having a happy conversation as they wait for Cale to enter the room. “It’s a miracle in itself that the world works as one like today.”

“I know right! What a blessing he is to us.” Saint Jack who was sitting beside him commented. He gently clasp his hand together and smiled. “I pray to the sun god that he will be filled with many blessings.”

On the end of the table, seated is the Duke Henituse, his wife and his kids. The Duchess glanced at her husband. “Do you have any idea on what he’ll tell today?”

Deruth shook his head, a helpless look looming over his face.

“I don’t.” Was his short reply. Worry and concern masking his eyes. Violan land a gentle tap on his husband’s shoulder, her form of assuring him how everything is fine silence followed the couple and the kids afterwards as they focus their attention on the crowd.

Deruth’s eyes travelled to the crowd noting the people that is in the room. There was the twins from the church of the sun god, the current head of the Marquis Stan territory, the mercenary king, a group of dark elves, an elf, dragons in their human form, his adopted grandchildren, the commander of the Whipper Kingdom, the queen of the jungle, the ex princess of Breck Kingdom, some beastribes with blue hair, some tigers, some wolves, Ron, Beacrox, the necromancer, there was even a skeleton.

Frankly it isn’t actually that big.
But it was big enough.

The chattering came to a brief stop when the knob of the office door turned. Everyone greeted as a man clad in black walked in the room with the current emperor of Roan following closely behind him.  The presence that the two brought gave the silent signal.

Cale Henituse is coming.

Everyone then took a seat as the man of the hour walked in the room. Wearing an outfit less extravagant as usual even more comfortable looking than his black uniform. He looks very homy, heck he even looks like he just woke up. Not that it affected his pretty face though.

“Sorry for taking some of your time like this.” He started as he casually took a seat at the other end of the meeting table facing his father. “This is a discussion that I want all of you to know.”

His clear eyes scan the people in the room landing on the cintamani where he knows there are some people listening and stopped to his father locking gazes with him.

“About me… About Cale…About Rok Soo…”

Pale slender fingers tapped the wooden table slowly as if taking his time with the world.

“I figured that it was time to tell you the truth…” Choi Han and Alberu stayed still and kept quiet. Everyone can tell they know something about this truth but choose to stay quiet. Even the black dragon that long has been quietly sitting on Cale’s lap was quiet, letting his father continue. “But even I don’t know which is the truth anymore.”

His last statement was the only thing that manage to pull a reaction out of the three.

“Who am I? Who was I?” The tapping stopped but was replaced by a chuckle. A very hollow laugh from the commander. “Who the fuck are we Rok Soo- ya?”

All gaze fell onto the cintamani where a man whom Cale introduced to them as Rok Soo in the past claiming to be the supposed owner of the White Star’s body but was kicked out of the menace’s soul was shown. A visible frown on his face was seen.

“You know something is not right don’t you?” The usual flat tone their commander lacing his ethereal voice was the only sound heard in the room.

“Yes.” The only voice heard other than Cale’s was the reply from inside the Orb.

“Human?” Raon’s voice followed that as his eye fell towards his Human having a silent conversation with Rok Soo inside the Orb.

“Something is wrong…” Rok Soo confirmed strongly. “Something is wrong with our memories.”

“You know that well more than I do. You remember everything at a glance.” Everyone sucked their breath at this revelation. Not everyone was their when he recited that information in the Mercenary Guild’s underground. So this revelation is quite big enough in itself. Everyone didn’t say a thing as they looked at Cale who seemed to looking from something far far away.

“You know… when I first came here I was surprised.” He started not minding the confusion on everyone’s face. He seemed to be talking to himself but at the same time they know, he was talking to them. “I was a lost soul placed onto this body… Cale’s body.”

Silence followed that. The people of the Henituse was too overwhelmed  to the point of silence and as Deruth was to raise his voice, Violan immediately came to stop him.

She knows. There is more to this. And she needs to hear it.

“I just wake up and lo and behold I am Cale Henituse, red head, drunkard, with a trashy disposition.” The young man continued. “… But I got used to it quicker than when I became an orphan, when I was alone… I got used to it. His body, mannerism, movement, his family, his people I got used to them quick.”

“I didn’t even adjust I just got used to it.” Cale’s eyes was still locked with Rok Soo whereas his hands were gently rubbing the black dragon’s back. “Like this was me to begin with.”

“And then I borrowed your body for the sealed god’s test.” At this point it was just the two of them talking and everyone in the rom didn’t mind at all and let the conversation flow.

“And I saw your memories…” Rok Soo trailed off. “And something was off.”

“I already noticed it then.” Cale continued. “And then I met the real Cale.”

“Then the war ended. Then… there it was.”

Rok Soo’s eyes left Cale’s only to fall on Lee Soo Hyuk who was worriedly staring at him.

“What time do you wake me up in the morning Cale?”

Cale smiled. “I don’t. You wake my kids up for me.”

“Hyung.” Rok Soo called out this time staring at Cale not with a frown nor a smile but just blankly. “There is a lapse in our memory we don’t know.”

“Where is the first part of our memories before you are Kim Rok Soo Cale Hyung?”

Cale stopped patting Raon’s head to eye Cage. In particular, whatever air is behind the Ex-communicated priestess.

“Precisely.” Cale laughed off it was more on mocking he cackled for a bit before frowning.

“Where the records of my memory before Kim Rok Soo, Death?”

“Where are the rest of our memories?”

~~~

First Fanfic I've written after  a WHILE. I hope I still gots the its HAHAHAHAHAHA