𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈

TW: Talks of pregnancy

[Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

A little update, the past year of my life has been amazing. Marriage has been treating Bucky and me very well. We had our honeymoon in Paris, and it was the most romantic. We spent those 3 weeks looking at tourist attractions, waking up naked in the hotel bed together, and eating every French delicacy there was. When we got back, our house was almost done. We asked Sam and Wanda to take turns watering the plants and keeping the house clean. But, they must have seen the mood board we made, because they finished placing our furniture in our living room and made our bed in our room. Now, the house is complete.

We made a slight change to the house after we made a huge decision. Bucky and I have always talked about having children, but because of the experiment I had in The Red Room, I can't carry any. We talked about adoption, but when Wanda suggested surrogacy, we were drawn towards it. Wanda was open to being the incubator, and we were very grateful. So, when we found out she was pregnant, we wanted to move her into our house as soon as possible. We didn't want her to be living alone and pregnant in some apartment in the city. The room that was originally going to be the child's room when they grow up has now been turned into Wanda's bedroom. She was grateful, but it was the least we could do after she gave us the final piece of our puzzle.

She is in the final month of her pregnancy, and her due date is next week. To say we are excited is an understatement. We talked about what she will do after the pregnancy, and she told us she wants to be as close to us as possible. So, for the past 2 months, we've been looking into apartments close to our house. We've tagged along with Wanda at the open houses, but she hasn't seen one that she likes yet.

It's the early morning of a Monday, and Bucky is still in bed. I woke up early to the sound of groaning in the upstairs bathroom. When I walked into the bathroom, I saw Wanda on the bathroom floor, holding her stomach in pain. She said every now and then she felt like someone was punching her stomach. I told her to take a bath and that I would make her some breakfast. I'm currently slaving away behind the stove, making Wanda her favourite breakfast - bacon burnt to a crisp, 4 boiled eggs and black pudding. Her cravings are weird. Small padded footsteps walk down the wooden steps, making their way into the kitchen. Wanda smiles with a hint of annoyance as she sits on the island stool, watching me plate her breakfast. When I place it in front of her, she digs in, shovelling food into her mouth without chewing. I giggle as I grab my cup of coffee, sitting next to her. I brush my fingers through her hair as she finishes up her food, leaning back on the stool.

"How are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm okay, just in a little pain."

"Did the bath and food help?"

"Kinda," She sighs. "There is still pain, but it's not as bad."

"What medicine did the doctor say you could take again?"