𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕

TW: Fighting and gun violence

[One More Hour - Tame Impala]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

I've been waiting for what feels like forever, but in reality, it's only been a few minutes. It has been silent the entire time, the town still isolated. I have no idea what is happening in the other dimension and I've been waiting in the parking lot the entire time for Wanda. I don't know where they will put her when she steps through the dimension, but I'm hoping it's close to me, so I can say my final goodbye before I have to leave. I must have been in the dimension for a while, or time is a different thing in the other world, but it is already getting dark out here. It was early in the morning when I arrived, and the blue sky is slowly turning into a black sea, a blanket of stars on their way.

My gazing is interrupted by the main doors of the building swinging open and hitting the concrete walls beside it. I swing my head in that direction, seeing Darcy running after the Director as he storms towards me. He has anger written all over his face, but when he gets towards me, he doesn't stop. He keeps going behind me until he is staring up at the sky.

"Director, you can't do this!" Darcy calls out.

She keeps running behind him, the table still in her hands. Behind her are Monica and Jimmy, but I grab Jimmy by the arm, stopping him from walking away. He looks up at me, concern written all over his face. My eyebrows are raised at him, confusion in every cell of my body.

"What's going on?"

"The Director wants to stop Wanda." He explains.

"But I just stopped Wanda. She'll be leaving the dimension soon."

"No, he wants to completely eliminate her."

I don't let him finish as he opens his mouth to continue speaking. I run over to Darcy and the Director, interrupting their heated conversation. Darcy looks mad, but the director looks infuriated. His nostrils are flaring, his arms stuck to his side, and his fists clenched. I stand in between them, looking the director straight in the eyes.

"You aren't hurting Wanda," I demand.

"And you think you get to make demands here?" He puffs his chest. "I'm in charge here, Ms Stark. You are merely a puppet of mine."

"Then why has everything that I've done so far been on my own accord?" I fight back. "I haven't had to ask you for shit. I came here to help Wanda, and I will do anything to stop you from hurting her."

"You won't be able to do shit. I will have my way." He snatches the tablet from Darcy.

"We'll see," I smirk.

He tries to tap any useful buttons on the table to probably open the portal but doesn't have the needed knowledge to do so. He gets even angrier as it doesn't go the way he wanted, and the pressure increases when he presses the screen. I want to chuckle at how easily he gets mad, but I repress it, not wanting to make the situation worse. He turns to face Darcy, forcing her to push the right buttons to open the portal. But, Darcy doesn't do anything. Instead, she walks to stand next to me, her arms crossed over her chest. My smirk increases at the sight, making both of us look the exact same. My inner plan of distracting the Director long enough to give Wanda some time to get here is clearly working.

But, our pissing contest is interrupted by a big, red circle appearing in the sky. It is a contrast to the dark night sky and makes all of us look up at it. Wanda floats out of the portal, and down onto the floor. She is still wearing the Scarlett Witch outfit, but her smile is gone and replaced with an angry smirk. She stands in front of the Director, their noses almost touching.

"You think you can eliminate me?" She whispers. "I can make you drop with the snap of my fingers."

"Guards!" The director calls out.

Behind us all are a large group of guards, all their guns trained on Wanda. She doesn't move, instead stays standing in front of the Director. He has a smirk on his face, thinking he has already won. But, he clearly has underestimated Wanda. Big mistake. Her eyes quickly shift to look at me, and I instantly know what that look means. Her palms face the floor, and she pushes up, making her body float back into the sky. The guards start firing at her, but she creates a barrier between her and the bullets. Darcy screams and runs over to Monica and Jimmy, who all take cover. The director cowards in the corner behind a car, and watches and Wanda fights off the bullets.

I run to stand underneath Wanda, making my palms face the guards. I make the bushes burst into flames, burning the hairs off the guard's chest who hide behind them. They shout in distaste and fall backwards, not dead but deeply harmed. I concentrate on another group of guards behind another bush as Wanda pushes the barrier of bullets to fire back at the guards, hitting them all. There are only a few guards left, who stupidly run towards us, and try to fight us. I let Wanda continue to fight in the air as I run to fight them hand to hand. I kick, push, punch, slap, and demolish the guards, leaving their bodies on the concrete. Finally, Wanda stands beside me, making me look around at the parking lot. We have eliminated all the guards, and there is only the Director left. Wanda walks over to him, crouching down at his level. I don't hear what she says to him, but I am shocked that she doesn't hurt him. Instead, she makes him fall unconscious and a Monica and Jimmy run over to collect his body and pull him back into the compound.

Wanda runs over to me, pulling me flush against her chest. I hug her back, holding her tightly. She sighs into my shirt, obviously sad that this will be the last time we see each other for a while. She will have to find herself again, but without Vision and her children, and I will have to get back to Sam and Bucky. I pull from the hug, looking down at her crying face. No matter how old she is, I will always see her as a younger sister to me, who I need to take care of.

"Thank you," She cries. "You didn't need to help me."

"Yes, I did." I smile. "You are family, Wanda."

"It's going to be so hard to say goodbye to you."

"I know, but we will see each other again. I just need to finish this fight back with Bucky and Sam, then we can be happy. I plan on having a calm life, and you will be a huge part of it."

"I love you, Bev."

"I love you too."

We hug each other again, but this time tighter and longer. Her head is tucked in my neck, and I kiss the temple of her head. When we pull from the hug, she whips her tears off her face and walks towards the compound. She turns to look at me again and smiles as I walk towards Zemo's car, getting inside. She walks inside the compound, and the doors shut behind her. I push the keys into the car and drive out of the parking lot, and back to the other mission.

Back to my Bucky.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT