𝐈𝐈

TW: Discussions of traumatic pasts and mindsets

[The Lakes - Taylor Swift]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

I'm currently walking down one of the many long and confusing hallways in this building, trying to find my way over to the lab. I was summoned a few minutes ago by Shuri. Her words, not mine. Although, I don't know how long it is going to take for me to get there as I have no idea where I am. I've been staying here for almost a week now, and I still need a map to find my way.

My stay has been better than I could ever have imagined. The people here are respectful of my privacy and are decent enough to grant me that without asking uncomfortable questions that I don't want to answer. Even Bucky has said the same to me. Although, before Steve left, the civilians were mesmerized by him. We couldn't leave our rooms together without someone recognising him and wanting to speak to him. Someone even wanted to kiss him on the cheek, but Steve was too uncomfortable to do it. I had to kindly shut them down since I knew Steve was too nice to say anything. To say they were disappointed is an understatement.

Now, I've finally made it to a wall that has signs, directing me towards the lab. If I didn't learn to have the patience of a saint, I could easily get angry with how many circles I have done. Finally, I see the familiar double, glass doors, open in front of me. I walk inside the lab, instantly stopping in my tracks. Across the room, all having a conversation are Steve, Bucky, and Tony.

"Hi there, kid," Tony speaks.

Usually, I can hold a conversation relatively easily. But, with Tony standing in front of me right now, his expression unreadable, I can barely get a sentence out. He steps away from Steve and Bucky and starts making his way over to me. I can't move my body from the frozen spot to the floor, even if a gun was pointed at my head. He makes it over to me, standing right in front of my eyes. It feels like years since I have seen him. Well, technically, it has been a little over a year since we did.

I open my mouth to speak, unknown of what I would say, but I am stopped in my tracks when a body is pushed against my own, arms wrapped around my torso. Tony's body. He is hugging me. Tony Stark is hugging me! It takes me a few seconds to register what is happening, and when I do, I still don't know how to react. I've never hugged him in my life, and he is blood-related to me. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his lower back, waiting for him to be ready to pull from the hug. When he does, I can see a wide smile on his face.

"I'm really sorry, Beverly." Tony frowns. "It took me a while, but I finally understand now. I know that you and Bucky didn't have a choice. This wasn't you two."

"Thank you, Tony. That means a lot to me." Tears build in the corners of my eyes.

Tony grabs my shoulder, guiding me away from Bucky and Steve. They both smile at me when they heard me and Tony finally talking to each other. Bucky doesn't stop smiling at me and Tony. It is clear that he is ecstatic about the apology, it means more to him than anyone will ever know. On the other side of the room, Tony sits on a hospital bed, me standing in front of him.