𝐗𝐋

TW: Fighting

TW: Fighting.

[Horns - Bryce Fox]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Let's be honest with each other, I'm shitting myself. We came up with an idea, well I did, and I'm slowly starting to regret it. I think I might have been drunk when I thought about this. But, Sam and Bucky agreed, so that's what we are doing. I decided that if we want to get to Karli, we need to eliminate the first problem. In order to get through to her, we need to show her that we aren't a threat. And the only threat apart from Karli, is John.

So, we learned him into the building we are standing in right now. We called him, telling him that we need to work together in order to fight Karli. He was reluctant at first, but when we talked about revenging Lemar, he was all in. We gave him the address, and are waiting for him to arrive.

But, you must know, we aren't going to kill him.

We are just going to take back what's ours.

Bucky's ears prick up, his super hearing helping us all out. He signals to us where the sound is coming from, and as Sam and I turn to face it, I can hear footsteps getting closer to us. The sound gradually grows, eventually stopping in the dark doorframe. A shadow emits through the frame, seeming bigger than what he actually is. John stands in the doorframe, looking directly at us.

"So, where is Karli?" He asks.

"Before we do anything about that," I step closer to him. "We need to talk."

"About what?"

"You," Bucky grumbles.

"Me?"

"Yes, John." Sam follows behind me.

"What about me?"

"This has to stop, John." My voice is stern. "You killed someone yesterday."

"They killed Lemar!"

"But, you used Steve's shield to brutally murder that man," Bucky screams. "And everyone saw! That wasn't what the shield was made to do."

"It was made to stop people." John rolls his eyes.

"Exactly, but not to murder people. It was made to defend those in dire need of help. You disrespected that. You disrespected Steve!" I scold.

"He murdered my friend, so I killed him." He defends. "He deserved it."

"Even if he did, you had no right to use the shield like that." I've had enough. "So, we are taking it back."

"Excuse me?"

"You've used the shield for violence, and now we are taking back what's ours." Sam steps in.

"What's yours?" John scoffs. "The shield is mine!"

"No, it was given to Sam." Bucky voices. "Before Steve left, he gave the shield to Sam, and it is his."

"He gave it to the government, and they gave it to me." John scolds. "You gave up the right to the shield when they made me the new Captain America."

"That's it, I've had enough." Sam stomps over to John. "If you won't give us back the shield, then we'll have to take it back."

Sam clicks a few buttons on his wristwatch, activating Redwing. He flies into the room, hovering over John. John's eyes are wide, but he remains calm. He watches as Sam, Bucky, and I get into a fighting stance. He does the same, pulling the shield from behind his back. He has a smug smirk on his face, which I will happily slap off. So, I do. I run towards him, flipping my body to sit on the back of his shoulders. I push all my body weight forward, and John's body falls down to the ground. I roll off of him, stepping on his back.

"One last chance John to give it up," I warn.

"Never!"

He somehow flips under my foot, grabs it and throws me across the room. I land on my stomach, my hip hitting a pillar, hard. Sam and Bucky jump into action, team tagging him. They fight together as I groan, standing back up on my feet. I don't have any weapons on me as I'm not harming or killing him, but I will fight with my hands and body. I run back over to John, seeing him kicking and punching Sam and Bucky, still on the floor. Sam is fighting back, full of anger, as Bucky holds his nose, blood seeping through his fingers. I run over to him, but he dismisses me, pointing to John. I hesitantly rush back over to John, holding his arms behind his back as he stands and fights Sam. His shield falls to the floor, and I kick it across the room. Bucky runs over to it, holding it behind his back. John screams with anger, thrashing in my hold.

"Get the fuck off of me."

He gets out of my hands, turns around and punches me in the face. I fall back in my stance, falling on my back. I hold my face, feeling a bruise already forming. He is really strong but was never like this. Sam is alone in fighting him, but Bucky and I quickly join him, getting John back onto the floor. He doesn't give up fighting until I'm straddling his chest, Sam is holding his arms above his head, and Bucky is sitting on his legs.

"You'll regret this!" John screams.

"How the hell are you so strong?" Sam struggles to keep ahold of his arms.

"We're not all that different, you know," John smirks. "We have the same blood swimming in our veins, Bucky."

We all go silent as we stare at John, his face stuck in a smug expression. His smile grows as he sees we have caught onto what he means. He laughs, the sound is groggy as all my weight is pressed onto his chest.

"You're a supersoldier?" I ask. "How?"

"You didn't think you were the only ones who knew about the serum?" He answers. "You were never alone."

"And you took it? Willingly?" Bucky groans.

"Of course, I did. I am Captain America after all."

He thrashes in our hold, but from the look on Bucky's face and the angry sound he is making, I can tell he is at his wit's end. He stands from holding his legs and loomed over John's face. Sam and I hold him down still, watching as Bucky crouches down to John, raising his fist. Before he hits him, Bucky looks over at me. I understand what he is asking of me, and I happily raise one of my hands, using my powers to hold John down to the ground. Sam stands from the floor, following me as we stand behind Bucky. Bucky pounds his fist into John's temple, knocking him out. But not killing him. His body goes limp, and Bucky and I stop fighting against him.

We walk out of the building, leaving John's unconscious body on the floor. When we get out we will call the cops, getting him arrested for the murder of that man in the street. People already called them after they witnessed the murder. Bucky has the shield in his hands and before we get into the car, he turns around, giving it to Sam. The rightful owner of it.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT