𝐕𝐈𝐈

TW: Discussions of torture, murder, and pain

[TV - Billie Eilish]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Still sitting in the lab, we have been discussing our next moves for the past hour. Although, it has felt like weeks. No one can get a word in, everyone's voice overpowering the other. The amount of times I have rolled my eyes to the back of my head is insane. I could have come up with a plan, executed it, and have a celebratory dinner by now. But, I've been told I need to work with the team. I've never been good at working with people. I can't talk to them, make eye contact without it being awkward, or hold a conversation. The only person I can work well with is Bucky, but that was at a time when we were different versions of ourselves. But, I need to learn to do so.

If I want us to succeed, we need to work together. And I want that more than anything.

"Guys!" I shout. "Screaming in each other's faces isn't going to help."

"Grandma's right." Tony snips.

"Tony." I give him a warning glare.

"Oh, I've angered the beast." He whispers. "Anyway, she is right."

"But, what do we do?" Steve asks.

"I have a plan, but I couldn't tell anyone because you were all screaming bloody murder." Tony snaps.

"Yeah, that's cause your plan is stupid. It is physically impossible." Sam buts in.

"You know what, bird brains..." Tony tries to charge towards Sam.

"Do I need to create a fire ring to separate you all?" I threaten.

"No." Tony stops. "Mom," He whispers.

"Enough! I have a headache forming over my already existing headache from you. God, I hate working with people." I roll my eyes.

"But we need you to." Steve frowns.

"I'm this close to fighting this guy all on my own." I pinch my fingers to show how close I am to losing the plot. "Wanda can join me. She's actually useful."

"Hey!" Sam whines.

"She isn't shouting my ears off!" I argue back.

"Touche." Sam loses.

"Now, Tony." I turn to face him. "Tell us your idea."

"Thank you." He smiles. "Alright, so, what if we could look into the future and see what this guy is planning."

I mentally facepalm. Why the hell did I think this was a good idea to trust Tony?

"Are you dumb?" Nat sighs. "That isn't possible."