𝐗𝐕

TW: Fighting and death

[Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

That empty feeling quickly faded when my eyes opened, and I saw the world in front of me. It was all the same visually, but it felt off. There were a few things different like the sky isn't as blue as it should be in the summer and the middle of the afternoon. The clouds are grey like it's going to pour any minute now. And I can't find Bucky.

I try to find him, searching the world that I know so well, but a feeling of dread builds up inside me when I don't see him. Sweat pours from my hairline as I run around, my eyes moving fastly, searching for him. I breathe a huge sigh of relief when I see his piercing blue eyes across the street. He smiles at the sight of me, making a break towards me.

"Beverly, are you okay?" He pulls me into a hug.

"I'm fine, are you?"

"Yeah, we're okay." He smiles. "Where are we?"

"I think we're in Brooklyn." My eyebrows scrunch.

We look around, seeing the all familiar streets of Brooklyn. I can see the streets that I, Bucky, and Steve used to run up, heading to school in the morning. I recognise the pathway leading towards Central Park, where Steve, Bucky, and I would sit on a picnic blanket and hang out. I would paint as they conversed, watching me professionally stroke the paintbrush against the canvas. I know that we haven't been in Brooklyn for that long, only a few hours, but it feels foreign being back here so soon. Bucky and I hold hands as we walk through the familiar streets, walking through years of memories. Memories that I wish I could go back to. It was a simpler time in my life.

But, our time together is cut short, when a bright, yellow light appears at the end of the street. It covers a door to a store, blinding us. It turns into a circle, displaying a destroyed field in the middle. We stand still in the street, nervous and scared about all of this. Obviously, we have seen magic in our lifetime, but this is all new to us. It looks like a portal, but I don't want to walk through it. Bucky leads us towards it, stopping in front of it. He slowly reaches his hand through it, seeing his hand poking into the other dimension. He grabs my hand, motioning for us to do this together.

"Are we sure this is safe?" I question.

"Honestly, no. But, we need to get out of whatever the hell this place is. We've been here for hours and I haven't seen another human being."

"But, we don't know where this leads to." I babble.

"I know, but we'll do this together. Always." He smiles.

I latch my other hand into his, the one that is holding my other hand. He smiles wider down at me, taking a deep breath. We both take a step through the portal, watching our shoes deepen into the soil on the other side. Putting our other foot through, we are forced to bend our bodies fully through the portal. When we step through, the portal closes behind us, locking us into the other side. Our hands don't let go of the other's as we walk slowly through the field. It is dim and treacherous, but we do it together.