𝐗𝐈𝐕

TW: Gory descriptions of fighting

[To Build A Home - The Cinematic Orchestra]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Standing as a barrier between the castle and the evergrowing army behind the invisible wall stands the remaining Avengers. Natasha walks back to us after examining the situation, a worried frown on her face. We've tried to prevent this from happening, but the time is now. Wanda stayed in the lab with Vision as Shuri works on extracting the stone from his head. She still doesn't know how long it is going to take, but we are fighting on the front lines to give her some time. Bucky stands beside me, a rifle placed on his shoulder, the muzzle pointing at the person standing behind him. I have a few knives in my hip holster, but I don't need a gun. I prefer to use my body to fight.

The army in front of us is throwing themselves through the barrier, trying to get through to us. But, technology is preventing them from doing so. Or magic, honestly, I'm way out of my comfort zone with all this science shit. They try to burst through the barrier but it's killing them, but they are determined.

"What do we do now?" Natasha asks.

"We do what we do best," Steve lifts his chest in confidence. "We fight."

"The Captain's right," T'Challa agrees. "We must stop them from getting to the lab. We shall fight and give Shuri some more time to complete the extraction."

Bucky and I look over at each other, with evident determination on our faces. We are ready to fight till the end, together. But, there will always be that lingering feeling of anxiety for every fight. And, right now, mine is skyrocketing. I begin to overthink every possible outcome of this battle and know that it will prepare me for it. This can't go as badly as I'm thinking it will.

"Open the gate!" T'Challa shouts.

A few members of the Dora Milaje look concerned as they begin to open the barrier. I've never seen a sliver of emotion come from any of those women, and that sight scares me. Their worry makes the bubbling feeling of anxiety snowball into a boiling pot of dread. But, I swallow it all down, readying my body to fight. T'Challa, along with the Dora Milaje bounce on the balls of their feet as they get ready to run.

"Wakanda forever!" We all begin to charge.

As we run towards the monsters, they steer towards us, growling as they do. Steve, who was running faster than anyone else, makes it to the monsters first, using his shield as a heavyweight, slamming it onto their heads. T'Challa and the Dora Milaje use their spears and claws to slash and stab the monsters, impaling them into the ground. Natasha, along with a few of the other Avengers' such as Sam and Scott use their fighting skills and weapons to stop the creatures from getting a hit on them. So far, we are a force to be reckoned with.