𝐗𝐈𝐗

AN: There isn't really a trigger warning for this chapter, but it is super fluffy!

[Someone To You - BANNERS]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

The usual Brooklyn view is still beautiful through the fast and slurred scenery as we speed through the streets, struggling to get through the traffic. I have my phone in both hands, struggling to use the buttons. I only just recently learned about how to Bluetooth my headphones through my settings. And don't even get me started on the settings. It's like a gold mine with how many different buttons there are on that app. I had to look up a video on Yourtube on how to use it. I think it was called Yourtube. Something like that.

Anyway, I'm tapping a bunch of different buttons on my phone to try and get directions as Bucky drives us through the streets. Recently, he has gotten the hang of using a modern car. He knows how to properly pump gas into the car, without it leaking. I can't say the same. We almost broke down in the middle of nowhere when I was diving because I left the fuel tank lid open and was pouring all the gas onto the street. Let's just say that I'm not allowed to drive us anywhere anymore.

When the app is finally prepared, I place it on the phone holder, which is stuck on the windshield. Bucky occasionally looks at the screen, reading the directions. But, not as much as he should be. It is almost like he knows where he is going. Like it was pointless that I spent the last 15 minutes getting annoyed at my phone for it not working the way I need it to. I have to roll my eyes at that thought.

Eventually, he pulls up outside a large building, parking in front of an immense gate. He gets out of the car, pushes it open and locks it in the wall. When he gets back into the car and drives through the open gate, I can see the evident nerves on his face. I'm terrified, but I can't even begin to imagine how he feels right now. This is his actual family.

He parks the car, pulls out the keys and shoves them into his jeans pockets. I wait in the passenger seat, watching Bucky walk around my door and open it for me. Like protocol, I stand out of the car, holding his hand as I get to my full height. He kisses my temple as he wraps his hand into mine, walking towards the building. He locks the door with the electric button, not having to look back.

The automatic doors open as we approach them, a gush of wind coming down onto our heads. It is a cool breeze and washes away the prominent anxious look on my face. Right at the front of the lobby, stands an extensive counter, a smiley, bubbly receptionist stood in front of a computer.

"Hi," She smiles. "Welcome, can I see your IDs, please?"

Bucky reaches into his back pocket, pulling out his wallet. In the first flap sits both of our ID cards, which he slides across the counter, towards the woman. She picks them up, typing the information into the computer. But, she abruptly stops, taking a double look at the cards. She looks up at Bucky and me, her eyebrows scrunched together. I don't even need her to tell us what she is confused about, I already know. We've had it happen enough times already that we know why she is baffled over it. We have both of our actual birthdays on our cards. But, before we can tell her anything, a lightbulb goes off in her head. She obviously recognises us as a previous part of the Avengers. Don't ask me how, but there are videos of us all fighting online, which millions of people have watched.