𝐗𝐈𝐈

TW: Anxiety, rudeness, and anger

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

TW: Anxiety, rudeness, and anger. (Also, sorry for how short this chapter is. I just need to get to one of the main plots in this book)

[She Knows - J. Cole]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Even though I am running towards the lab with Bucky by my side, my feet aren't carrying me fast enough. We were summoned to the lab immediately by Shuri, and her saying that it was an emergency. The tone of the message made it seem like we were in trouble, so I was nervous. When we make it to the lab, my nerves pick up even more. All the Avengers are standing around Shuri, in the centre is Steve, glaring down at the hospital bed. A few of them gaze at Steve with disgust, but the others are anxious.

"Shuri, we need you to do it now!" Steve demands.

My eyebrows raise at the tone of his voice. I've never seen Steve be so rude, especially to Shuri. They have a good friendship, Shuri being one of his biggest fans. But, now, Steve is talking down to her as she stands beside her desk, looking as shocked as I feel. Even a few of the Avengers look taken aback, and they've seen Steve unravel since they left Wakanda. Bucky has told me a few of the conversations he has had with Steve, being careful to not upset me, and has told me the way the news of Peggy has affected him. It really took a toll on him.

"Don't talk to me like that, Captain." Shuri glares at him.

"You're not listening to me! We need this done now."

They have a staring contest as everyone else stands around them, looking uncomfortable. I see the brewing bomb at the bottom of this conversation and feel the need to become the mediator. Since no one else is. I stand away from Bucky, getting in between Steve and Shuri. I face Shuri, smiling down at her. She instantly smiles at me, feeling like someone is on her side.

"It is clearly urgent, Shuri. Could you please listen to everyone and what they have to say?" I interject.

"I'd be more than happy to help you, Beverly." She glares at Steve.

"Thank you." I smile.

Shuri walks over to the hospital bed, taking out tools and equipment from underneath it, and placing them on the bed. Everyone nervously watches her move, biting their fingernails. Vision lets go of Wanda's hand, sitting on the edge of the bed. I watch curiously, but also on edge. I still have no idea what is going on. He lies back on the bed, facing the ceiling. I turn around to face the group, seeing Steve already looking down at me. I smile at him, but all that swarms in his eyes is hatred. That thought alone makes tears brim in the corners of my eyes, so I turn to walk away.

I walk back over to Bucky, and he instantly wraps his arms around my body and pulls me into a hug. He clearly saw the interaction between Steve and me better than anyone else in the room. We look over to Steve, my eyes uncontrollably staring at him, but I instantly regret my choice. Steve is looking over at us with jealousy written all over his face. Jealous that we have each other to hold when we need arms wrapped around us. Jealous that someone looks at them like they are the only person in the room. Jealous that we are standing here, together, alive.

And it is all my fault.

Along with all the needed equipment, Shuri begins her preparation for the experiment on Vision. From the look of the equipment being used, it looks like she is doing a dissection. I recognise the preparation for this experiment and a bundle of anxiety bubbles in the pit of my stomach. And I still don't know what is going on.

"What is happening right now?" Bucky asks.

"It's beginning," Wanda explains. "Thanos is on his way."

That sentence alone makes the anxiety in my stomach snowball into bile, threatening to rise. Whilst being here, Bucky and Steve have talked about this mission over the phone. Bucky has filled me in on the situation, telling me his name. Thanos. I've learned all about his plan, the terror he plans to inflict on the world. His idea is that the world needs to be rebalanced and that he needs to be the one to do it. He wants to take people away from their friends, their families, and their loved ones.

And I'm not going down without a fight in order to protect the world that I love.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐘𝐌𝐈𝐀³ - 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 † 𝘑. 𝘉. 𝘉जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें