𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

TW: Sadness and guilt

[Brother - Kodaline]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

The day is beautiful, but the atmosphere is tense. We don't know if this is going to work for sure. I trust Bruce and his equipment, but some habits are hard to break, so seeing the technology makes me feel nervous. All because I can't trust what to goal is, and I hate that. I'm still having to fight against my instincts to run away from it, all because of HYDRA. Despite the growing fear in the pit of my stomach, Bucky and I follow Sam and Steve through the trees. Bruce, at the front of the group, begins preparing his equipment for the mission.

Sam, Bucky and I stop beside Bruce, watching Steve grab the briefcase beside the technology, and take a deep breath. This must be a lot of pressure for him, because today, he is returning all the stones. But, before he steps onto the time machine, Steve walks over to us three. He looks at Sam, who is closest to him. They shrug at each other, seeming awkward to pull each other into a hug. When they do, I roll my eyes slightly. They are so worried about their masculinity that they are nervous to hug each other.

"Now, remember," Bruce begins. "You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them or you're going to open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities."

"Don't worry, Bruce," Steve pulls from the hug.

"You know, if you want, I could come with you," Sam suggests.

"You're a good man, Sam." Steve smiles. "This one's on me, though."

Steve leaves Sam's side, looking over at Bucky and me. My nerves build up even faster now that he is looking into my eyes. For the first time in a long time, Steve's expression is unreadable. He is always been an open book, and I know him like the back of my hand, but right now, he is stationary. And that thought alone, makes me want to throw up violently. Steve always has the worst ideas.

He pulls me into a hug, and I instantly wrap my arms around his neck, having to stand on the tips of my toes to place my nose in the crease of his neck. he sighs deeply into the hug, and kisses the temple of my head. When Steve and I hug, it is never this close-knit. A part of me feels the need to savour this hug, and I don't know why. A small voice in the back of my head is screaming at me to listen to the bad feeling that is rising in my stomach, but I push it down.

"Stay safe, please," I beg.

"I always am." He smiles.

We let go of each other, and he sidesteps over to Bucky. I let go of Bucky's hand, and he places it on his side, unsure of what to do with himself. He looks just as nervous as I am feeling right now. They stare at each other before one of them builds up the courage to speak. They've always been closer than Steve and I. Both of them being boys, they could always go to each other with certain problems that they couldn't talk to me about. And I respect that, so I walk over to Sam, giving them their time together.