𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

TW: Slight mentions of bullying and death

[Talking To The Moon - Bruno Mars]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

I swear to god, this hotel bed was carved by the gods. It is super fluffy and bouncy as I lie down on it. Bucky lies beside me, his arms crossed under his head. We just got to the hotel this morning, and we are waiting until tomorrow when we are going to the next location of Karli. She is talked to be in the middle of town, so we hide on the outskirts of town in a hotel until tomorrow. When we arrived, we all fought over who got to use the shower first. I played the 'ladies first' card and got to get the first batch of hot water. Then Sam and Bucky fought over it, but eventually, Sam went out to get us food whilst Bucky took the shower second.

Now, we are all lying on the beds in the shared hotel room, holding our stomachs with a groan from the full feeling in all of us. The food was amazing and exactly what I needed after the constant protein and granola bars I'd eaten during this long mission. And don't even get me started on the coffee and food I was given when I went to help Wanda before I left. I'm grateful for it, but the thought of the processed food makes me feel sick.

Sam sits up from his bed, groaning as he reaches down into his duffel bag. Bucky and I look over at him and watch as he pulls out an envelope, placing it on the end of our bed. He doesn't say anything as he pulls out a jacket and wraps it around his body, putting the buttons through the slots. He walks over to the hotel room door, pulls the knob and opens the door. Before he leaves, he turns back to face us.

"I'll give you guys your privacy. I'm going to go and see If there is any good breakfast bar nearby for tomorrow morning. I'll be back soon."

He walks out of the door, shutting it behind him. Bucky and I look at the door, confused and waiting for him to walk back inside and tell us what the hell is going on. He just left the hotel room without telling us why. But, he did leave an envelope. Bucky picks up the envelope off the bed, holding it beside him so I can see it too. There is neat handwriting on the front, and I instantly recognise it when I read it.

𝒮𝒶𝓂,

𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝑒𝓃𝓋𝑒𝓁𝑜𝓅𝑒, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒.

𝒮𝓉𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃.

The handwriting is perfect. It is exactly what you would expect Steve's handwriting to look like. Neat and put together, but the swirly lines on the capital letters are wild, very much like him. I take the envelope from Bucky's hand, pull the flap open and see another piece of paper inside. Before I open it, I look over at Bucky, seeing him staring at me with a confused look on his face.