𝐗𝐋𝐈

TW: Fighting, gun violence, and death

TW: Fighting, gun violence, and death. (10 more chapters to go)

[Power - Kanye West]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

All of this feels like I'm writing in a diary. Well, technically, I am. I've been constantly writing in my book, making sure that I don't forget anything. But, lately, it's become less of a memory log, and more of a diary. I've been writing like someone is listening to me, which I know sounds stupid, but it's actually helping. It feels like I'm letting out all my problems to someone, but without the reactions, which I always hated.

But, anyway, back to my diary. I couldn't sleep last night. I kept thinking about Karli and John. A small part of me felt guilty about what we did to John, but I keep reminding myself that we avenged Steve. But, Karli on the other hand, I'm worried about. My last attempt at convincing her to stop has failed miserably, ending in death, destruction, and anger. Our plan isn't much different to the other times, and I'm worried someone else is going to get hurt. I'm also worried Karli is going to get herself hurt.

So, the second the sun rose in the sky, Sam, Bucky, and I got ready for a fight which we knew was bound to happen. I have my weapons, my brain, and whatever confidence I have left. We jumped in the car and drove into the centre of the city. Town folks were talking of a grave danger coming into the city, and we followed it, knowing it was Karli. We parked our car, hidden under a building in a car park, and gathered all of our weapons. We had to wait until the sun began to slowly fall, hearing for Karli and her people to arrive. When we heard gunshots and people screaming, running down the streets, we jumped into action. We followed their screaming, seeing cars pulling up and shooting people out of the way. They all wear masks and run into the tallest building for a few miles.

I run in first, pistol loaded and in my palm, Bucky and Sam following suit. The building is eerily quiet, making all the hairs under my tactical suit stand up through the material, sticking out. I take a deep breath as I stalk through the building, following the muddy footprints up the stairs. We all stay silent as we climb the stairs, hearing slight chatter on the top floor. I halt my movements, gesturing towards Sam and Bucky. They both nod their heads, understanding my instructions and silently runoff. I place my gun back into its holster and walk up the stairs, purposefully loudly to make my presence known. They all turns their heads to face me, a scowled on all of their faces.

"Beverly, this Is getting boring now." Karli rolls her eyes.

"I couldn't agree more." I take the final step up. "So, why don't we come up with an agreement?"

"I'm going to say, no."

"You haven't even heard it yet don't dismiss it."

"I don't have time for this. I have a plan to carry out."