𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

TW: Threatening violence (Sorry this is so short)

[Masquerade - Siouxxie Sixxsta]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

I wake up with Bucky beside me in the bed, holding me by the waist. Last night, Sam, Bucky, Sharon, and I found Zemo and he brought us to his house. He was wandering the streets and said he was trying to find us. I don't fully believe him, but he wasn't actively trying to escape when we found him. Sharon left that night and continued to hide in her secret house. She left her number to Sam, telling him he can call her when we need her help. All of us were so tired that we didn't speak as we went to bed, falling asleep the second our heads meet the pillows.

But, after breakfast, the normal and calm morning quickly turned tense when my phone began to ring. I don't usually get anxious when someone calls me, but it was an unknown number. So, I hesitantly click the green button, and place the phone up to my ear. It is silent before a soft and quiet voice comes through the speaker.

"Beverly?"

"Who is this?" I ask.

"Karli."

My eyebrows raise at the answer, alerting the others in the room. Sam and Bucky sit upright on the couch, looking at me. I mouth the name that was given to me and Zemo, who stands on the other side of the room nursing a whiskey at 10 o'clock in the morning, walks over to me. He mouths back to me that she is the leader of the Flag Smashers. I gasp but am also confused about how he knows this. He wasn't here when we fought them o even knew that this was one of the problems, but I don't have time to ask him about it.

"Karli? Why are you calling me?"

"I have to do this." She sobs.

"You have to do what?" I ask.

"I have to do this." She babbles. "I have to burn it all to the ground."

"Karli, what are you talking about?" I quietly put my phone on the loudspeaker.

Sam has a small laptop on his lap as Zemo, Bucky and I listen silently to my phone. Karli is stuttering as she cries. I can't get a full sentence out of her as she cries, but I wait patiently for her to calm down. Sam starts tracking the call, his fingers tapping quickly on the keyboard. I watch him intently, waiting for Karli to speak again.

"I'm going to burn it all."

"Karli, you need to calm down and think straight. This can't be the answer."

"No," Her crying stops. "You can't convince me to not do this. Everyone needs to know that life before you brought everyone back, is the way life should be."

Three beeps sound through the speaker of the phone, making all of us stand silently. Sam has a smirk on his face as he places the laptop on the coffee table, letting us all see. Sam sits in the middle, Bucky and I standing on either side of him, and Zemo standing behind the couch. There is a red spot on a map on the screen, showing the location of where the call came from. I start grabbing my bag, taking my phone and a few knives and a pistol with me. Bucky does the same, putting on his leather jacket.

"I'm going to stay here." Sam stands up. "And babysit Zemo." He whispers.

"Thank you." I smile.

Bucky and I rush out of the house, and into the car. It is one of Zemo's expensive ones and takes a while for me and Bucky to figure out how to start driving it. When we do, Bucky speeds us through the streets and follows the location on my phone, a picture of it that Sam sent me. We are quiet as he drives, anticipating a huge fight to stop Karli. I hate that I somewhat feel bad for Karli. She is still a kid, despite all the things she has done and is planning to do. She doesn't deserve to get hurt, but because of what she is doing, I have a bad feeling this might become true.

The building in front of us looks run down already, and falling apart. There are no lights, all the windows are broken, and the door is wide open. We cautiously walk inside, seeing that it is empty. Completely empty. There isn't even any furniture. Actually, I was wrong. In the middle of the empty, concrete room, sits a phone on the floor. The screen is black and faces the ceiling. Bucky and I look at each other, confused and in a situation that we've never experienced before.

The phone starts ringing, lighting up the screen. Both of our heads whip to the phone, watching it vibrate against the floor. I don't know what to do, but I involuntarily walk towards the phone. Bucky follows behind me, keeping his hand on my shoulder. When we make it to the phone, I grab it, answering the call. I put it on speaker, facing Bucky so we can listen to it. I raise my finger to my lips, silencing Bucky as we listen. A childish laughter comes through the speaker, making Bucky and I straighten our posture and look into each other's eyes.

"God, I really thought Avengers were supposed to be smart." The voice chuckles. "You are so stupid for believing me."

"Karli, what the hell is going on?" I've had enough.

"I played you." She answers. "I was bored and wanted to see how much power I have over you. I guess I'm the one in control here."

"Karli, I swear to god-" Bucky begins to threaten.

"No time for that." She interrupts. "I have to take over the world. See ya!" She hangs up the phone.

"God, I really hate her." Bucky groans.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT