𝐗𝐗

AN: There is no trigger warning, just comedy, and slightly annoying conversations

[Bad Blood - Taylor Swift]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Impatiently waiting behind the closed door, Bucky is using his enhanced hearing abilities to listen for footsteps approaching. We've been standing here for about 30 minutes now, and if we don't get what we want, I think I might just implode with anger. I can tell this is angering Bucky as well, his nostrils occasionally flaring when he hears a noise, but it isn't what we need. I change from pacing the room to sitting in the fetal position and standing behind Bucky, my chin on his shoulder. I think I'm making him nervous.

Eventually, his head flies off the door, a wide smile on his face. It's clear that he has found exactly what we need. But, when that dawns on Bucky, his smile turns into a frown. This isn't exactly going to be a walk in the park. He forcefully pulls the door open, it hitting the wall beside it. His heavy footsteps stomp on the concrete, following the sound of shuffling in front of him. I follow behind him, having to run up slightly to stay by his side.

The building is run down slightly, the 5 years taken away from us have had an effect on it. There weren't the correct workers here to keep this place in check, and it now looks damaged. Taking up a large portion of the concrete wall is a metal door pulled all the way up and displaying the sun-kissed floor, holding many different types of planes and jets. There is only one jet that is open and getting prepared for take-off. But, if we have anything to say about it, it won't be taking off any time soon.

"We're coming with you," Bucky calls out.

"Oh great," Sam mumbles.

"This isn't up for discussion, we are coming. Whether you like it or not."

"No," Sam grumbles. "You don't even know what I'm doing."

"No," I speak up. "But, we know that it has something to do with all this shit that is happening around us. And we want in."

"God, it sounds weird hearing an old lady swear." Sam shakes his head.

"Sam, this is serious." I roll my eyes.

"Okay, look," Sam shuts us up. "I'm just going to make Redwing do a premier around each area again and make sure that there is nothing going on. That's all, it's pretty boring." He starts walking towards the jet outside.

"Yeah, well, I don't trust Redwing." Bucky follows him.

"You don't have to trust Redwing." They both stop. "But, I'm gonna go see if he's right. I have a feeling this all might be a part of the big three."

"What big three?" Bucky asks.

"The big three."

"What big three?"

"Androids, aliens, and wizards." I roll my eyes, having heard this line so many times.

"You know the big three?" Bucky questions.

"Yeah, Sam says it all the time."

"You've been spending way too much time with him. He has you brainwashed." Bucky points at Sam.

"Hey!" Sam acts offended.

"That's not a thing." Bucky faces Sam.

"It's defiantly a thing." Sam defends.

"No, it's not."

"Every time we fight, we are fighting one of the three."

"So, who are we fighting now? Gandolf?" Bucky has clearly had enough.

"Eve-" It hits Sam. "How do you know about Gandolf?"

"I read the Hobbit," Bucky has a smug look on his face. "In 1937, when it first came out."

"So, you see my point?" Sam looks excited.

"No," Bucky shuts it down. "I don't. There are no wizards."

"Dr Strange-"

"Is a sorcerer." Bucky interrupts.

"Ahh," Sam has an epiphany. "A sorcerer is a wizard without a hat. Think about it."

Bucky looks as if he is losing his mind, and quite frankly, so am I. We both came here to join Sam in his mission to stop whatever being is trying to, once again, take over the world. Their bickering is the pain of my existence right now and makes me want to scream. They are like two brothers arguing over a toy, and I feel like the mother. This thought makes me slightly rethink my choice to tag along, but I know in the long run, I need to do this. We need to stop another harmful force.

"Look, that's not the point." Sam waves his hands about.  "These guys aren't magical, they use brute force, just like you two. The incredibly annoying guy in front of me with the staring problem, and the wicked witch of the West."

"We're coming with you," Bucky shouts as Sam begins to walk towards the jet.

"No, you're not." He calls back.

"Yes," I use my powers to stop him from walking. "We are." I make him turn around. "And make one more comment about me being a witch, and I will show you the extent of my powers."

"Bucky! Keep your woman under control!" He actually looks scared.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. This is her under control." He smirks. "You really don't want to see her when she is angry."

"Uhh," Sam rolls his eyes. "Fine, tag along. But, no rumpy-pumpy in my jet."

"No promises," Bucky smirks, looking at me.

I let loose of my powers, the hold on Sam falling. He takes a dramatic breath like I had him in a chokehold. I roll my eyes, knowing that he is trying to pull at our heartstrings, but if he thinks that is 'brute force' then he should really consider not getting on my bad side. I can show him hell if he really wants it. And, I think I might have to show him if these two continue to argue like children.

Sam stomps up onto the jet, Redwing following behind him. Bucky waits for me to take his hand before we get onto the jet together, sitting on our own bench. Sam sits in the driver's seat, a grumpy look on his face. Don't get me wrong, I like Sam, but sometimes he acts like a baby. It makes me mentally and physically roll my eyes. He gets the jet ready, lifting off the ground, and flying away from the building. As we fly across the fields, there is only one thing on my mind. Exactly what Bucky and I discussed before we went to join Sam on this mission.

No matter what, we are determined to keep Steve's legacy.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT