We survived the summer

I went to Poppy's house to stay at her until tomorrow because i was about to go back in NewYork and the summer wasn't over. I walked outside to throw the trash when i saw Griff and his other friends at a table. They were about to leave so i decide to walk past them so he could notice me. Of course i was still mad at him for what Sheridan told me that day on the beach but i wanted to show him what he lost.

They walked in front of me and Griff looked back at me while as walking towards him and he suddenly turned around in a rush.
"Isa! Hey. Can we chat for a sec?" He said looking in my eyes. "Fine, but you have only 5 minutes, i have to go back at Pops she's waiting for me" i said even though he doesn't deserve those 5 minutes, but i still wanted to hear what he wanted to say. "Sure. I mean thank you, let's go on the other side of the pool." He said and start walking towards the pool so i followed him.

"Yeah, well i wanted to apologise about what Sheridan said, that I'm not into you, but she just wanted me to distract you from competition so she can win the competition." He said looking at the water and i didn't know what to say.
"And you did it. You helped her." I replied.
"Yes. I mean.." I didn't let him finish and i pushed him in the water. " She can win now, im leaving tomorrow anyway." I added  and the others from the table start to laugh so i left smiling.

That night i get back at Summer's house because i decided actually to not stay overnight because i forgot to put my things in the suitcase.

I woke up with Summer shaking my hole body. "What in the world Summer, why are you awake so early?" I asked with a sleepy voice. "Are you ready for the last surfing session?" She said with her big smile, i start smiling and i jumped out of the bed. "Let's go" i replied.

Summer left a note for her mother, probably saying that we left at the beach.

Surfing, the best thing i ever done in my life, and i was doing it with my best friend who i never think i will see surfing. We waved at Margot and start swimming towards a wave. After some minutes of surfing we get back on the beach.

"You know, for you to be surfing like that after six weeks." Margot said to Summer.
"Are you about to give me metaphor about acorns falling from trees?" Summer replied and i giggled. " I really am sorry for sending you away. And for Isa that she came with you here so you won't be alone." Margot said looking at us. "There are worse places to be sent." Summer said. "Yes, and don't apologise to me, i love this place, im glad that im here and i don't wanna leave." I added. And we left.

Later that day..
Poppy's pov

"Finals are about to get underway here, folks. Soon we'll find out who scored those coveted spots in the State Team. Morehouse and Tran have been dominant all season, and with Marriot out injuried, Tetanui is about to face them single-handedly. No doubt the Anchor Cove hot shots will do everything they can to put her oug of the running." The commentator said on the microphone.

"I don't know why they're pretending it's not already decided." I said hopeless looking at Sheridan and Tran. "Hey hey, listen to me. Maybe you won't make it today. But you will make it. I know this, okay? Now you're going to have an incredible career." Manu said to me to get my hopes up.

Back at Isa. This is not over. I decided. I'm going to the finals. And i get Ari's bike and ride to the beach.

I walked with my board in my hand towards Pops, Bodhi and Manu. "Can i get in too?" I said smiling at them. "What are you doing here? You don't have to leave back at NewYork today?" Pops asked me with her puppy eyes. " Surfing the final, what do you think? And yes i do but i have enough time until my plane" i said looking at Manu. "Are you sure?" He asked me. "Absolutely!" I replied.
"Isa, you really don't have to." Poppy said to me nodding her head. "I know, but i am." I replied to her. "Im sure you can do this." Bodhi encouraged me.

I get with Pops in the row with the others two. We get in the water and start swimming.

"Marriot and Tetanui still with just that one decent score each. Great work by Marriot to get back here today, but they are going to have to hustle to have any chance of a win." The commentator said.
"Morehouse needs to watch her back because Marriot and Tetanui are working together here. Marriot needs perfection. Does not disappoint! Marriot really attacking that wave." The commentator said again.

I was taking a deep breath with my eyes close as i looked at Sheridan looking at me wierd. "Was that your psych-out look?" I said to her. "No." She said getting her head back. "Cool" i said and i start swimming and she followed me.

"Tetanui climbs into third behind Marriot and Morehouse with only a minute left. Not a great wave for Morehouse. Can Tetanui do better?.... Huge ride from Tetanui there, but it will be enough to put her at the top?" The commentator said and we get out of the water. To talk with the others.
" And it's a 9.8 for Marriot! She's nabbed the win!" The commentator shouted and i gasped being in shock of what my ears heard.

              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~

I had to leave. I was having a plane to catch.

We were waiting in the line for our plane. Summer was looking at her phone and i was doing the same thing. We were just moving and i heard someone shouting... "Summer! Summer! Wait! Wait! Wait!" And i saw Ari running towards us.
"Ari?" Summer said looking at him confused and so i did.
"I did it, i told them everything, they know it wasn't your fault and, and, Summer and Isa can stay with us, it's okay." Ari said and i was surprised. "Mum, can you give us a second?" Summer said to Margot and she and Ari walked a few steps away and i decided to stay in my place.

I don't know what they were talking about but Ari got Summer's hand and they kissed. This was absolutely beautiful. I wish i had someone to run for me at the airport in the last seconds. But yeah i choose Griff so, But i really hope i will see him again and maybe going out with him or someting. No one knows.

Summer get back to us and we walked to our plane. I really wanted to stay, and we had the chance to do this, so i keep begging to Summer to make up her mind because everything was on her.

If she is leaving, im leaving. If she is not, im not.  And we were about to return.

Author note~ ✨✨🏄‍♀️🌊

I love this, really i can't wait for season 2 to appear and be sure i will continue the story. Im sorry cuz this is ending here and, the relationship between Isa and Griff didn't go so well but this was the real story i couldn't change so much about it and at the same time i didn't want to do so much things between them. I really think i put Bodhi out of the story to much but i couldn't do anything else. I hope you liked it.🥰🥰✨

If you want this to continue text me with some ideas with what should happend next and i can try to make it but i don't know if it will work.🫶🏼🫶🏼