Shame

Me, Summer, Pops and Bodhi we're in the car on the way to the beach. We was passing by the car where Ari and Marlon were.

"Yooo!", Poppy scream towards them.

We scream and whoop and sing.

"I don't even want to look at the rankings right now. I really need big scores this weekend", Bodhi said.
"Bods, you're going to be grate", i said to her.
"Yeah, you always kill at Jackson Bay", pops add.
"I just never know which board to use. I was thinking the 6 but the 6.1 felt so good the other day too.", Bodhi said.
"Yeah, who could tell? Big decision, Anyway, what's the move with tonight? Is there a after party or something", Summer add.
"If by after partying you mean Marlon's mum separating the girls and boys and spending us all to bed at 7 o'clock. But it's cool. We'll just hang out in our room" Poppy said.
"Let me guess. Give each other mani-pedi and talk about boys", I ask.
"Sorry, if that what you usually do at sleepovers?, Bodhi ask me.
"No... I don't know. Honestly, I don't really do the whole female bonding thing. Girls are way to much drama" I said looking at each other.
"Umm, have you spent any time with Ari and Marlon? Comparated to those drama queens, we're chill", Bodhi said.
"You know what chills out drama queens?", Summer ask.
"Big-ass parties!", i add.

"Ah hello, supervisiting adult here. There'll be no big party this weekend, not on my watch", Manu said and Poppy rolled her eyes.
"This is a getaway for Isa and Summer, but we're here to compete", Bodhi said rolling her eyes.
"So we are", i add.
"No, for real", Pops add to.
"I thought you just told Ari's parents that so he could come.", Bodhi said.
"I did, at first. But Summer was like, whatever we may as well do it", i add.
"Wait, you actually entered the competition girls?, Manu ask.
"What? How hard could be?", Summer ask.
"Well not so hard for Isa, but for you?", Manu said.

                            ~~~~~~~~

"Sorry", Ari said to Manu.
"Hey, you never apologise for taking the time to tell your mother you love her, all right? But you could have warned me Isa and Summer was going to surf today", Manu said to him.
"Isa is good at surfing and Summer I don't think she actually going through with this. She's mental", Ari said.

"Come on, Poppy's about to start her heat. Let's go get behind her, yeah?. Let's go Pops!", Manu scream.

"Tetanui all power this way and posts another imperssive score. She's going to be hard to beat now." Commentator said.

"Come on stupid rope", Summer said.
"Let me help you", I said to her.

"This competition in the second round of the state championships. These grooms determined to improve their rankings and give themselves every chance to make the state team.

Me and Summer walk toward Manu.

"Hey, could you just run though the rules again", Summer ask Manu.
"Which ones?", Manu ask.
"Just,... all of them", Summer said
"Oh okay, you got four competitors, 20 minutes, and only your best two waves count, all right? Now the key rules is priority and just... Hey you know what? Just have fun out there, yeah?", Manu said to Summer.

"... for heat one of Under 16 girls. Tetanui, Linker, advancing to the quarters. Now stick around because heat threes up next with two special competitors all the way from the U.S of  A. You won't want to miss this", commentator said.

"It's not to late to pull out. No one would think less of you", Bodhi said to me and Summer.
"You worried I might beat you or something?", I ask her.
"I'm just saying, some people might think it's disrespectful. People train really hard for these comps. They're serious", Bodhi said to me.
"Says the girl who puts on a full makeup before getting in the water", i said back.
"Hey Sheridan", she said to her ignoring me.
"Hey Bods, and Hey Isa", she said to us.
"Can she even surf?", she ask looking at Summer.
"You're about to find out." Summer said to Sheridan.
"Get in my way and I will break you more thane your skateboard", Sheridan said back.

We entered in the water and start surfing 🏄‍♀️.

"Our heat two competitors are in position. We're just seconds away now", commentator add and the horn starts. " The new girl Marriott in green and Morehouse aren't wasting second here, Morehouse currently leading the state ranking and it's easy to see why. Mercer goes again just clinging the second place. Torres in red finally make her move and ouch, oof, okay. Torres goes head first into the soup again. Time's running out if she wants to post a score", commentator said.

"Hey, where'd you finds her, Tetanui? Should ask for a refund. But keep the other one she can be useful for your team she knows how", Griff said to Poppy.
"Nice try Summer next one's yours", she said ignoring Griff.

"Marriott, I'm told, she's Torres friend, but she's way more good than Torres. Grate ride from her and Morehouse there, knocking Bodhi Mercer into third. She'll need an eight or better to have any chance of making the quarters finals", commentator add.

I swim with my board to Summer and Bodhi.

Not so easy, is it?", I ask Summer.
"Watch your waves, princess", Summer answered and swim away.
"Dude, what's her problem?", i said.
"She's offended", Bodhi said to me.

A big wave was coming and Bodhi started swiming towards him entering in front of me. I punched the water and i heard. "Woah, Torres with a blatant drop in there, so the score won't even count", the commentator said and we get out of the water.

"That's how we do it in NewYork baby, yeah!", Summer scream. "Yo I got one!", Summer said turning to us, "Hey, good job!", she rise her hand towards Bodhi but she ignored her.

"Yo, what's her problem?", Summer ask.
"Third place means she's out of the comp Summer" I said to her.
"You just massacred her chance to beat Isa and making the state team", Poppy add and leave.
"Nice work girls", Marlon said and winked at us.

"Now the waves are firing and the Under 16 Boys are ready to go", commentator said.

"Hey boys, where'd you get her from?", a blonde boy ask.
"At least the other girl is good and beautiful too", the other boy add and laughs.

"Let's smoke'em", Marlon said towards Ari.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~
  It will help me if don't forget to vote :)🏄‍♀️