thirty three

Today was the day of the taping of the biggest fashion show in New York. It was also Taylor's birthday. Taylor told her she had plans for them after the taping. Of course, the songwriter already had her birthday planned out, Karlie wanted to at least help. Taylor insisted that it was okay that she didn't help. She understood how busy she was.

Karlie was backstage and overthinking everything. Like what if she fell or if people thought she wasn't good enough. She had practiced walking runways a few times before, but this was different. Her ballet knowledge helped hold more poise, but it didn't teach her how to keep everything together before a major runway show. Or maybe it did, and Karlie just forgot everything she learned about being calm. 

She spotted Taylor coming through the crowd, and she felt a sigh of relief. She was like the North Star when she was lost.

"I just wanted to wish you luck."

She then realized how much she wanted to impress Taylor as well. She had to make Taylor proud of her, especially because she gave her this chance, and it was her birthday. 

"I'm nervous. I don't think I can do this."

Those were the words she kept inside since she entered the building this morning.

Taylor gave her a small smile before taking her hands into her own. She worried that she would feel the sweat from her palms, but she didn't care because she instantly felt less nervous.

"You'll be fine. I'll be right out there cheering you on." Karlie reached forward and kissed her gently.

"You say all the words to make me feel better."

"What can I say? I am a songwriter, after all."

Taylor always made her laugh at the perfect time. They hugged for a short time, and the older woman whispered good luck into her ear before she left.

The music started, and Karlie took a deep breath before she took the stage.

When she walked the runway, she felt so at home. The pride, the desire, the dreams she had all amounted to this moment. This year she found herself. This year she fell in love with herself. At the end of the stage, she and Taylor locked eyes. Taylor winked at her, and Karlie grinned. She had everything.

This was also the year she fell in love with Taylor Swift.

* * *

Taylor and Karlie made their way back to the house after dinner. They talked about the fashion show and how amazing Taylor thought she was. Karlie had a mini panic attack because her present wasn't ready yet. The songwriter simply explained that she was her gift. Karlie still felt terrible.

She sat on the bed as Taylor walked over to the piano and picked up their contract. The dancer got nervous, more nervous than she was on the runway a few hours ago. What if Taylor thought the two of them weren't working out? Or, she wasn't a good submissive anymore because she's been busier with her modeling career. Her mind was spinning. She had never felt so sick in her life. She was on top of the world just a few hours ago, and now everything was crashing down.

"Karlie, did you hear what I asked?"

"No, Taylor, god, I'm sorry."

She messed up again. She didn't even hear what Taylor had said. No wonder she wanted to get rid of her.

"What are you thinking?" The songwriter asked sincerely.

"Is there anything that I could do to be a better submissive? I mean, you have our contract in your hand, and our year isn't up. Did I do something wrong?" She rambled on.

Taylor's face softened, and she cupped her cheek. She places the contract on the bed and pulls Karlie up so they are face to face.

"Karlie Kloss, I am in love with you."

It was the words she had been aching to hear for so long. Taylor Swift is in love with her. Her dom is in love with her. She wanted to end the contract. She didn't want to be with her anymore since feelings were involved. Karlie was so fucked, so wildly fucked. And not in the way she is usually fucked by Taylor. She backed away from Taylor and searched for her things.

"Are you not going to say anything?" Taylor's voice was high-pitched like she was holding back tears.

Karlie couldn't absorb this information. It was too real. It was too hurtful. She lost Taylor.

Taylor grabbed her shoulders to stop her movements. Karlie still wouldn't look at her. She looked at the floor as she said the faint words.

"I love you too, Taylor. I have been in love with you for so long. However, I wish you didn't tell me you felt the same because now you don't want me as your submissive."

The songwriter lifted her chin with her index finger. Teary blue eyes connected with her green ones.

"Karlie, I still want to be with you."

"You want to end our contract, though?"

A slight smirk formed on Taylor's lips.

"I want us to date... as dom and sub. We don't need a contract. We have been beyond that for a while."

She and Taylor found each other by chance. They fell in love by chance. The contract ended on Taylor's birthday, and that felt like fate.

"So, can I introduce you as my girlfriend?" Those were the only words she could think of.

"I'd like that, yes."

"What about the collar? I mean, I really like it." She tugged on her collar as a nervous habit.

"Sunshine, I would never take that away from you. I am more than your dom now. I am your girlfriend."

"How will things be different?"

They already acted like a couple in every way.

"Things will honestly be the same. There's just more of a label."   

They stayed silent for a moment. It was like they were adjusting to the new label, the new life they were about to share. It was a moment to be captured and framed on a wall.

"I love you." Taylor repeated the words. She used never to believe people when they said they loved her. With Taylor, she felt it in her bones, in her soul. Taylor was everywhere. Taylor was everything.

She didn't know all those months ago that things would end up like this. Taylor Swift was a mere name on songs she danced to. Now, she ached to be the muse behind every song Taylor writes.

"I love you, too." 

They kissed, and their mouths meshed together perfectly.

"You know I had this big event planned for my birthday. I'm really into my birthday, but I want to cancel it. People will start arriving here soon, and all I want is to have my way with my girlfriend. I don't even know why I planned a party when my girlfriend just walked in New York's biggest fashion show."

"You can have your way with your girlfriend after if you want."

They carried the same adoring tone when using the term girlfriend.

* * *

The two stayed conjoined at the hip during the party. Taylor dragged Karlie everywhere, bragging that she was in the most prominent fashion show in New York.

"You know it's your birthday. I think you should brag about yourself a little bit. You just signed a singer that released his first single, and Ella received three Grammy nominations."

"And my girlfriend is pretty hot, too."

"You have a lot of good things going for yourself then."

Taylor wrapped her arms around her shoulders and kissed her collar.

"More than you know. I'm tempted to tell everyone to leave so I can get my birthday sex with my girlfriend."

"I'm sure you could arrange that."