twenty six

Karlie was on the treadmill with music blasting in her ears. Taylor had bought her a treadmill to place in her bedroom that used to be hers. She had woken up at eight am and couldn't get back to sleep, so she decided to start her workout earlier. She slipped out of bed and fixed a quick breakfast, and fed the cats. It was almost domestic. A smile formed on her lips at that thought.

The dancer had been so focused on working out that she didn't realize Taylor was leaning against the door frame. Her grin was sneaky, and her tongue would dart out to lick her dry lips. Karlie locked eyes with her but never slowed her workout.

"I missed you this morning." Taylor said as she walked closer to her. Her blue eyes shifted to her chest. Her breasts still bounced slightly, despite the tight sports bra.

"I couldn't get back to sleep...."

"Let me rephrase that. I missed you."

Karlie stopped her workout because she knew the tone. She stepped over to Taylor, and instantly, she ​​placed her lips on her neck. It made her paranoid because no one smells good after a workout. Taylor didn't seem to mind. Her lips went down to the exposed chest area that the sports bra wasn't covering. Her teeth clenched onto bare skin, and she bit down hard. It caused her to moan. Taylor pulled away and grabbed her neck.

"We don't have much time. You have to be at work in the city, and I have a flight to catch for a business meeting."

She wanted to ask where it was. She wanted to ask when she'd be back. But she knew she couldn't. They were in the middle of a play session. Taylor's hand went under the waistband of her shorts, and she pushed her panties to the side. Taylor left a small trail of kisses along her neck, making sure to mark every spot.

"I'll be away for a few days, so I need to mark you. I need people to know you're mine. How much will you miss me fucking you, sunshine?"

At the last word, she added two fingers into her. Karlie had to control her moan so she could speak.

"I will miss you... so much, Taylor."

The songwriter sighed against her neck. She then kissed her hard against her lips. Her legs were already shaking from the workout, and now they were almost unstable. With each thrust and flick, her legs were slowly giving out.

"It seems to me your body cannot handle this amazing orgasm that I'm about to give you." And with that, Taylor pulled out. Like always, it caused Karlie to whimper. The songwriter kissed her lips gently.

"I'll miss you, Kar. Expect some texting later. You remember our rules, right?" Taylor's grin was evil.

Of course, Karlie knew the rules if Taylor didn't let her have an orgasm. She also had to go to work soon. Taylor would also be gone for the next few days. She missed the older woman already.

* * *

"Who will be your plus one to the fashion show?" Sean asked as the two locked up the dance studio.

"Who do you think?" He smacked her arm and laughed.

"Does she need to be your plus one? Anyone can invite her. You should consider taking your best friend."

"I already promised Taylor that she would be in the front row."

"She isn't even your girlfriend. Come on, Karlie."

His words made her stop her feet. It hurt her knowing that he always wrote Taylor off as only her dom.

"She isn't, but she is still a very intimate part of me." 

The New York air was cool, and the wind picked up. She saw her breath as she spoke the last sentence. It lingered almost as if it wouldn't go away. It was a cruel reminder that Taylor was gone out of the country, and she didn't know where. What if all she was to Taylor was a mere submissive? It was the middle of October. She couldn't remember when it turned cold; she didn't realize how quickly the months passed.

"You're in love with her, aren't you?" His voice was almost teasing.

It was October already. That still dumbfounded her. The seasons changed so rapidly, and she didn't notice. His words reached her ears, and that's when she stopped denying it. It was like the season changed before her eyes and much like the cold air hitting her face - the fact that she was in love with Taylor Swift finally registered in her brain.

"Yeah, I guess I am." Karlie's voice was tiny when she admitted the truth. She hoped Sean heard her because she didn't want to speak it again.  She reached the coffee shop, in need of coffee. The goodbyes to Sean were short. She sat at the back booth, with the need to be alone. She needed to be alone with her coffee.

Her phone buzzed in her hand, and it was Taylor.

"Where are you?"

"At the coffee shop."

"Is the pretty girl there?"

Karlie looked up from her phone to search for Cara. She spotted her instantly. 

"She is." The dancer replied.

Taylor's response wasn't quick like the first few times. She sipped her coffee and waited for an answer. The sun was setting, and downtown New York was more beautiful at night. The setting reminded her of Taylor. New York was such a mystery, especially after dark.  The blue-eyed girl was the same way. She never truly could crack the whole mystery of Taylor Swift. She wondered if anyone ever had. 

"Go to the bathroom and lock yourself in the stall."

This was something Taylor had never suggested before. She finished the rest of her coffee before she found her way to the bathroom. She opened the following text as she locked the stall of the bathroom door.

"Rub your center through your clothing. What are you wearing?"

Was Taylor seriously wanting her to sext in a public bathroom? This was a new form of play that Karlie had never experienced before. Still, she did what Taylor asked.

"I am wearing my leotard, Taylor."

"Pick up the pace."

Karlie did. She was already aching so much from this morning.

"Do you wish it was me?"

The dancer bit her lip to conceal a moan. She almost forgot she was in public for a mere second.

"You know I do, Taylor."

"Now, feel yourself under your leotard. Tell me how wet you are for me."

Once more, Karlie did. How could Taylor work her up so quickly?

"I am very wet for you, Taylor. Like always."

She typed out the reply, even though her whole body was shaking. She was so close.

"Remove your hand, and we will continue this on Skype later."

Karlie was thankful for once that Taylor didn't let her come. She knew she would've been loud. When Karlie reached the sink to wash her hands, Cara came in.

"Hey, are you okay? You look a little flushed?"

Karlie blushed and looked away from her.

"Yeah, I'm not feeling too well. I'm about to head home."

She rushed out of the bathroom to not give Cara a chance to respond. Her phone buzzed in her hand again.

"I'm in London."

Taylor answered a question she didn't even ask.

"How did you know I wanted to know?"

"Because I know you, Karlie Kloss."

Maybe Taylor was in love with her, too? Or maybe, that was only wishful thinking on Karlie's end.