two

It was mid-afternoon, and Taylor was in her downtown office. She had been listening to a demo of an up-and-coming singer. Her mind couldn't focus on the voice or the lyrics because everything seemed faded. The lovely Karlie Kloss controlled her thoughts. It had been three days since they met on the music video set. Three days since she met the talented dancer who had since haunted her every thought and disrupted her work ethic. Taylor remained closed off by not calling the taller girl right away. Even though she had been dying to, she still had a reputation to withhold.

The sound of an email notification made her pause the song on her device. It was some of the editing process from the music video. Again, she couldn't focus. This music video was essential to her, yet, the only thing floating throughout her mind was the wondrous Karlie. She paused the screen when the dancer appeared. Taylor took it as a sign. She gave in. She pulled out her phone and dialed the number Karlie had given her days prior.

"Hello?" She could tell the girl had been out of breath.

"Karlie Kloss? This is Taylor. From the music video." She heard the taller girl laugh at the other end of the line.

"Took you long enough to call." Her tone was sarcastic.

"I was wondering if we could meet up soon?"

"I am stuck at the dance studio for the next few hours. Drop by. I'll text you the address." She was very sure of herself and confident. Taylor liked that about her. It made her more curious about the dancer.

She opened Karlie's file again. She had her investigator look into her background. She had been given the file yesterday. Even though she was sure, she absorbed every piece of information the investigator found. Taylor was amazed at the headshots she had taken a few years prior.

It was hard not to be curious about a potential submissive, a muse. Karlie Kloss was only twenty-one and had been accepted into Harvard and was from St. Louis. She moved to New York recently, and she had guessed it was to pursue a career in dance. Maybe it was even modeling by the looks of the professional photos. However, the only jobs she saw were of her being extras in music videos or commercials for dance. A boy came with her. His name was Sean O'pry, and from what her private investigator gathered, the two were only good friends. Taylor glanced over Karlie's headshot once more. The light captured her green eyes perfectly and showed off her features with such flawlessness.

Taylor placed her file and needed papers into the bag. She called for her driver to take her to the dance studio. The songwriter knew she was the one. The only question was if she would accept her offer?

* * *

When she stepped inside the dance studio, she found Karlie the same way she did at the music video. Her ballet flats on, black leotard, and hair pulled up. She was still as breathtaking as she remembered. There was a guy who was helping her with some of the moves. Taylor felt jealousy. She was possessive by nature. The dancer turned around and grinned when she saw Taylor. She quickly made her way to her side.

"Taylor! I'm happy to see you made it." Karlie chirped. She gestured for the boy to come over.

"This is Sean! He is my best friend, dance partner, and roommate." She noticed his blush when Karlie rambled about him. Taylor stuck out her hand, and he shook it. Sean was pretty good-looking for a guy. He had short dark black hair and light eyes and was very soft-spoken.

"It's nice to meet you, Sean! You're a pretty great dancer too!" He was nervous.

"Sean has to go now, though, right?" Karlie wasn't subtle with her hints. He grinned before giving her a peck on the cheek and a wave goodbye and said he'd see her at home. The jealousy ran through her veins more.