The threat

The next couple of days went rather smoothly, classes continued as normal and there were no near death occurrences, thankfully. I'm sitting in DADA and, I can't believe I'm saying this, Lockheart is ten times worse than Quirrell ! All the bloody hit talks about is himself and his so called 'achievements' not to mention he thinks every single girl is head over heals for him, and he still decides to flirt with me out of all people ! I'm trying to write down notes and every time I look up, there he is smirking at me seductively. Finally the lesson ended and was the first one out of the classroom then it hit me, I have detention with that idiot tonight, unbelievable ! I made my way down to the great hall and sat next to Fred and George, who were betting on which prank would be the worst to pull on Lockheart, there was flash in front of us, making the three of us shut our eyes, "Hiya Britney ! My names Collin Creevy, I'm in Gryffindor too !" A first year greeted me with excitement, "Nice to meet you Collin." I replied my eyes still adjusting to the light, just then an owl flew into the hall, " Ron, isn't that your owl ?" A boy named Dean asked as the owl swooped down and crashed into a bowl of chips, "Bloody birds a menace." Ron muttered as he took the red envelope from its beak. The bird then took of as Ron looked at the letter worriedly, "Oh no." " Look everyone Weasley's got himself a howler ." Seamus commented making half the great hall laugh, " Go Ron, I ignored one from my gran once, it was horrible." Neville encouraged, Ron open the envelope with trembling hands, "RONALD WEASLEY !" Ron dropped the letter, which formed into a mouth with razor teeth, " HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR ! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED ! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT ! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME ! Oh and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud." It then turned to Ron and blew a raspberry then shredded itself into pieces.

The rest of the classes went by smoothly until was time for the last class of the day, DADA, I was not looking forward towards being taught by the dumbest professor at Hogwarts, to be honest I think I preferred Quirrell to Lockheart, we walked into the classroom and sat down since no one was in the room yet, I was sitting next to Angelina Johnson since Fred and George sat together, just then Lockheart appeared at the top of the stairs, "Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... me. Gilderoy Lockheart, Order of Merlin, third class, honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winners of Which Weekly's most charming smile award, but I don't talk about that I didn't get rid of the badin banshee by smiling at him." I fought the urge to roll my eyes, 'this guy is such a phony.' I thought to myself as Lockheart continued speaking and , long story short, the man let loose at least a dozen Cornish pixies in the classroom and then left them for the twins and I to handle, I eventually immobilized them so we could put them back in the cage. After class it was quidditch practice and we were on our way to the quidditch pitch, " I spent the summer devising a whole new quidditch program, we're going to train earlier, longer and harder." Wood informed us just as I saw the Slytherin in their quidditch uniform, " Uh Wood ?" "Ugh, don't believe it." He said leading us towards the Slytherin team, "Where do you think you're going Flint ?" "Quidditch practice." "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." "Easy Wood, I've got a note." Wood grabbed the note from Flint and read it out loud, "I, Professor Severus Snape, hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new seeker. You've got a new seeker ? Who ?" The other team showed us that their new speaker was none other then Draco Malfoy , "Malfoy ?!" Harry said in shock, " That's right and that's not all that's all that's new this year." Draco said showing off his new broom, "Those are Nimbus 2001s ! Where'd you get those ?" Ron, who was standing on the side with Hermione, asked in shock , "A gift from Draco's father." "You see Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best." "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to by their way in, they got in on pure talent." Hermione piped in, " No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood." I gasped at the blonde boys' audacity, "You'll pat for that one Malfoy ! Eat slugs !" However Ron's spell backfired and cause him to cough up slugs instead of Malfoy, Hermione and Harry then took him to Hagrid's hut while the rest of the team, including myself headed back to the common room, it was clear we weren't about to win this argument.