Part 5 Chapter 40

Start from the beginning

"I am Alde, we from the military support Elto as the head of the Palpadia Empire government." Alde said.

"I am Keios, head of the 3rd Department Foreign Office. I also confirm that Elto is the head of the Palpadia Empire government." said Keios who had just arrived and was informed by Alde.

"I am the head of the 2nd Department Foreign Office. I also confirm that." Said the head of the 2nd Department Foreign Office.

"Well, for now, we trust you. I am Admiral Harlan, the supreme leader of the Myto Empire's military force in the Palpadia Empire. What do you want?" asked Harlan.

"We only want peace with you." Elto said.

"We have asked for unconditional surrender as a prelude to peace. We have expressed that in our ultimatum." Harlan said.

"We can't just hand over this country to you, and the Palpadia Empire will be gone, sir. If we surrender unconditionally, then that can happen." Elto said.

"We don't need the Palpadia Empire's territory. I can assure you that the Palpadia Empire and all its devices will remain even if you surrender unconditionally." Harlan said.

"Oh, I see. What are you going to do if we surrender unconditionally?" asked Elto.

"We only ask that the person responsible for this war, Ramille, be tried in our country. Also, in general, we ask that you change the rules of your country so that you don't attack other countries. We also ask you to relinquish your colonies. On the other hand, we will help you economically and militarily." Harlan said

"You're not asking the Palpadia Empire to become your colony?" asked Elto.

"For sure, we will not put our people at the head of your country or annex your country as a colony. But we do expect limited compliance, especially in state policy with us." Harlan said

"Alright, can we discuss this first? For the time being, can we ask for a ceasefire?" asked Elto.

"Very well, we will cease active incursions into your unoccupied territory for 2 hours as your time to discuss it." Harlan said.

"Thank you, we will contact you again soon." Elto said.

They cut off communication, and Admiral Harlan and his staff waited for a decision from the Palpadia Empire. They also temporarily stopped the attack on the Palpadia Empire.

---oOo---

Esthirant, the bunker under the 2nd Department Foreign Office Building.

"At least we can stop this war first." Elto said.

"Yes, madam." Alde said.

"What about their offer?" asked Elto.

"I don't understand, but it seems that their definition of 'unconditional surrender' is different from ours. They did not include the clause of annexation of territory or colonization as part of the war or what is meant by unconditional surrender." Keios said.

"That's right, very different from us and other countries we know." Alde continued.

"I heard from their war with the Kingdom of Lauria, that the Myto Empire did not take territory, or at least not much territory. They only asked for a few square kilometers to set up a military base. They also forced the other side of the battle not to take too much territory." Keios said.

"Then with conditions like that, can we accept the conditions?" asked Elto. "I am inclined to accept that condition. As long as the Palpadia Empire is intact and sovereign. Everything else can be negotiated."