twenty seven

warnings: SA, murder and violence (warning after the .)

nothing is worth your mental health, this is a heavy chapter - there is no explicit detail but there is strong inference xxxx

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

hostage
part one

.

.

Abby gripped Spencer's hand tightly, she expected him to pull away and shout at her but - to both of their surprise - he just squeezed back. She looked up at him, she tried desperately to dry her tears up before they fell - knowing that showing fear was only going to 'excite' both Garvez and Everwool (who was fastly approaching the door). But Spencer always knew when she was crying, even silently; the truth was that they both knew how this was going to play out and the best they could do was stay alive. He tried to smile reassuringly at her, but he thought it just made it worse.

As Everwool edged closer to the door, Grey pulled something from his pocket and threw it over Abby's shoulder. Garvez, who had crept up behind them, caught it easily. He grabbed Spencer's wrist, breaking his hand from Abby's warm hold. The loud crunching sound could just about be heard over the alarms, which had started to seem quieter - or maybe they were just getting used to them. He broke the duct tape apart after making sure Spencer's hands were secure.

Abby, having tried to follow Spencer after he was pulled from her grip, was held at the waist by Grey. Garvez had had ten years to plan this riot, he obviously had guards on his side. Grey, with one hand still on Abby's waist, unlocked the door.

Abby squirmed in Grey's grasp, desperately trying to free herself and get to Spencer. Everwool walked in slowly, as though he were an animal observing his surroundings and trying to pick out his prey. And then his eyes landed on Abby.

"Here's what's going to happen, Agents. You are going to get me Morag, I know he's locked away somewhere in protective custody - the rest of the boys are under strict instructions not to touch him. And then you are going to get me out of here."

Abby looked at Spencer, her face contorted with panic. He was delusional, he was actually completely and utterly fucking delusional.

"You're going to be charged with another sixty six murders, Garvez, nobody is going to let you just walk out of here!" Spencer said firmly, his voice somehow staying steady.

"Yeah, that's why I'm kinda keen to get outta here!"

"There is no way that we can get you out!" Spencer repeated. Abby didn't dare say anything, she thought if she stayed quiet then everyone would forget she was there.