eleven

𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Abby, you could've told me.

.

.

Abby stood awkwardly next to Luke and opposite Hotch and the Detective from the Arizona PD; Abby had learned his name was Detective Holloway but Luke wasn't that keen on knowing his name so much as he was bothered about screaming at him - and Hotch.

After they had arrested Morag, Abby had jumped into the passenger side of the car before Spencer, or in fact any of the BAU, had any time to even attempt engaging her in conversation. However, she couldn't get out of this confrontation because as Luke had said when she had suggested retreating back to the airbase to fly her out to the UK; "You still have a job to do, Abby! You're on active duty!". Apparently, the argument of "Well technically, my active duty ended the second we caught Morag...", wasn't a good enough excuse.

So here she was standing awkwardly opposite her old boss, her old friend, whilst her new boss and new friend, screamed at him. 

"I want to know on who's fucking authority were you here investigating!"

"Luke..." Abby said gently. He had been shouting for at least fifteen minutes and that was more than enough time for the rest of the BAU to get back to the station, even if they weren't on blue lights and sirens - which they technically shouldn't have been but when your dead girlfriend/friend/colleague is suddenly standing in front of you it would be expected that you'd try and jump through a few hoops - and a few red lights. And she was quite keen to leave before they got back.

"Abernathy, stop!" He shouted at her. She had allowed him to get away with many things as her Commanding Officer, and as her friend, but he was not going to embarrass her. 

"Okay first of all, I think we're past the need for 'Abernathy'. Second of all, this happens sometimes, you know that - it's the risk of an undercover operation!"

"I'm sorry Captain...Sir?" Detective Holloway had no idea how to address him, "We discovered a body on our land, and had a suspect in custody! It was in our jurisdiction. We had no idea who it was or what happened to him and if we had we of course would have informed the proper authorities straight away. But I just checked ViCAP and found Wilks and Detective Sharpes' investigation in the system, and that is why I called in Agent Hotchner." 

"And as far as I'm aware, Detective, you charged that suspect did you or did you not?" His tone was really starting to piss everyone in that room off, and Hotch was making it clear.

"We did but-"

"Then why the hell were you going after a terrorist?"

"Captain, I appreciate you are frustrated but I think we should perhaps talk about the real reason for your anger." Hotch said simply, his eyebrows were knitted tightly and his lips were pursed in a straight line.