six

𝚜𝚒𝚡

wheels up. again.

.

.

Spencer and Hotch made their introductions as they entered the police station. There were a large number of officers scattered about, each looked like they were doing something important but both agents noticed them stop and watch as they were guided through the bullpen by Detective's Holloway and Sharpes. They stopped outside the interrogation room and sat, handcuffed, to the table was a young blonde haired man; he looked no older than early twenties.

"James Folks. 23. Originally from Chicago. He confessed to Wilks' murder and dismembering his body and he hasn't spoken a word since."

They all looked in through the one-way mirror and watched Folks as he sat there, literally, twiddling his thumbs.

"Has he asked for a lawyer?" Hotch asked.

"Nope. Not even asked for the bathroom."

"For 42 hours?" Spencer asked shocked. He wanted to reel off the facts of how dangerous that was but then realised, from the look on the officer's faces, that they had just taken him themselves. He looked back at Folks, a tad embarrassed.

"Do you mind if we go in? Just us?" Hotch asked the detectives, they both immediately shook their heads.

"Please. It's why I called you in."

Spencer and Hotch made their way into the interrogation room, Hotch holding the door open for Spencer. They both sat in front of Folks, very quickly establishing their power. As expected, Hotch took the lead.

"Mr Folks, I'm Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner and this is Doctor Spencer Reid, we're with the FBI." They both went as far as to show him their badges, as Spencer thought - they were exerting their power. "Have the detectives told you why you're being held?"

Folks remained silent, but Spencer could see he was desperate to say something. His kill of Wilks was textbook, he confessed because he wanted recognition, and who was there better to impress than two FBI agents?

They both knew what to do. Spencer, suddenly quietly confident that - despite Hotch's words on the plane - they might actually be able to get a confession, or at the very least a lead, started talking quickly, keen to catch Folks when his guard was down.

"They told you that you were out of control, huh?" Spencer said rhetorically, "But we all know that's very far from the truth. It took a lot of control not to cut the last vic up." Spencer felt somewhat guilty for not using Lawrence's name but he couldn't; as wrong and as disrespectful as it felt, to both Lawrence and Abby, he couldn't humanise Lawrence. If his theory was correct and Folks was a part time hit-man, the most important piece of information (aside the confession) was the name of his client.