twelve

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

i fucking buried you, Abigail Laurens

.

.

Spencer pushed his arm against 'Captain Woodbridge's' neck. He was obviously not intending to seriously hurt him but when he had seen him step out of the viewing room, he just saw red.

"Spencer!" He heard JJ shout from behind him, as well as the calls from the rest of the team, but he didn't care.

"Why did you do it?" Spencer shouted at the Captain, applying a little bit of pressure to his neck.

"Agent-"

"It's Doctor!" He could practically see the whole team rolling their eyes.

"Spencer!"

"Doctor Reid!"

He looked to his right and saw Hotch and her. Hotch did not look impressed - understandably so.

"Spencer, let him go!" She shouted. He knew he had the whole of the bullpen's attention but he didn't care, he didn't know how to deal with what he was feeling. Everything that he thought he had come to finally accept was stripped away from him in just a second - exactly as it had been that day. He felt like he was back where he started three hundred and sixty one days ago.

"Reid, come on man." Morgan said gently from behind him, his hand resting reassuringly on his shoulder, he tried to shake it off - but only half heartedly. "I know you're angry - hell, we all are! But you're taking it out on the wrong guy!"

"Spencer, can I talk to you? Please." He could hear her voice break. He took a deep breath and released his hold on Woodbridge.

Spencer kept his eyes to the ground. "You need to talk to all of us. Not just me."

"Spencer...Please." He knew she was crying, he always knew. He never had to be looking at her to know when she was crying. After all this time and all this hurt later, it still hurt him to hear her cry.

"No, Abigail!" He finally looked up.

"Spence..." JJ said gently, "Go."

He looked to Morgan and Rossi for confirmation that it was okay. They nodded gently.

"Fine." He strood over to her, still refusing to look her directly in the eye. "Don't call me Spencer."

"What?"

"Call me Reid."

The first time he had seen her face in nearly a year and she looked absolutely heartbroken. Spencer hated to admit it, but that made him feel slightly better.