prologue

𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

oh you gotta be shitting me

.

.

"Spencer!" Morgan called out, "Where are you going?" 

Spencer knew that, despite it being nearly a year since they lost Abby, the team were still cautious whenever they were on cases like this. And with it now just being a couple of days until the first anniversary of her death, they were being extra cautious. None of them wanted to be the one to panic and none of them wanted to be attending another funeral in a week's time. 

"I heard something round the back. It sounded like someone was running." Spencer felt Morgan's hand on his chest.

"Okay you take 'round the front, I'll take the back."

"Morgan." 

"Reid." He replied, in the same childish, whiny tone as Spencer. The team had noticed a huge change in Spencer over the last few days, understandably so. It had been the worst year of their lives, and even that was underselling it. "Go on, pretty boy."

The two agents separated and lifted their guns as they rounded each corner of the warehouse. Morgan advanced slowly, still trying to listen for any noise from Spencer's side as well. It did not help that it was pitch black, cold and damp. 

Morgan could hear some clattering the nearer he approached the back of the building. He reached the back and just managed to catch a glimpse of dark red hair thunder through the rusting metal doors. 

"Stop! FBI!" They kept running. "They're heading up to roof!" He shouted through to his earpiece, alerting the rest of the team. He heard Reid and Hotch reply and, knowing they'd be following closely behind, started for the roof. He climbed the clanky set of metal stairs outside of the building heading up to the roof. 

He scanned the rooftop and saw the figure by the edge. They had his back to him and were talking to someone else. Reid appeared by his side. 

"Man what the hell?!" Morgan whisper-yelled. "Where'd you come from?"

Spencer just shrugged and whispered in the same tone back; "What? You want me to announce it?!" 

They both advanced - Morgan shaking his head at Spencer's sarcasm, of which, the kid rarely understood - keeping themselves concealed. They hid behind a very random block of wall and Morgan pointed to his left, directing Spencer. He nodded. Morgan began counting down from three with his fingers. Three. Two. One.

The pair of agents jumped the two figures. Morgan taking the one he chased up the stairs and Spencer grabbing the other. 

"What the hell, man! Get off! Serg?!"

"FBI! Stop resisting! Stay still!" Spencer said firmly, trying to hold the squirming unsub still as he fought him to try and put handcuffs on him. Morgan held the other. Neither had got a clear look at their faces yet, they were still trying to turn the two around.

"Get off!" This time it was a woman's voice. "We're with the Army, asshole!" 

Upon hearing her voice, Morgan put a lot more effort in, very quickly and aggressively managing to turn her around but he loosened his grip immediately. She pushed back easily, finally looking the two agents in the eyes.

"Abby?"

. . . . . . . . . .

also btw cus I know it looks weird, 'Serg' is short for 'Sergeant'.

don't forget to vote and comment, it really does mean a lot. i hope you're enjoying 'silenced'.