🔸3🔸

He drove to my favorite spot, Haeundae Beach. I wanted to come here for a long time but couldn't find the time. He unlocked my car door and helped me get out .

He smiled at me and asked, "So, how have you been?"

I smiled back at him and punched him in the stomach.

"Oww!" she shouted in agony at the sudden attack.

"Where were you?" I kept hitting him. "You didn't respond to my SMS and phone calls. I was worried about you."

"Y/n Wait, listen to me." He stopped me by gripping my hand and saying,.

"I auditioned... and got selected." A spark was igniting in his eyes. My own face mirrored his excitement as he shared the news, and without a second thought, I enveloped him in a warm embrace.

"I am so happy for you.  I exclaimed, reluctantly releasing him from the hug but still keeping hold of his hands.

"But wait, you said you weren't going to go. What made you change your mind?"

"Someone," he said, his gaze full of admiration as he gently caressed my hand, "told me that if I didn't go, I'd regret it for the rest of my life." I smiled back at him, feeling a surge of warmth at his words. Once again, we melted into each other's embrace.

"So, when are you leaving?"

"I am leaving today." When I heard this, my smile disappeared.

"Today? I questioned as I pulled away from the hug.

"Sorry, I haven't checked my phone much in the last two days because I've been so busy with auditions and other stuff. I had to tell dad and you both, so that's why I came." He stated this while holding my hand and staring into my eyes.

I got the impression he wanted to add something more, but he didn't. So I broke the stillness and asked.

"How did your father react? Is he ok with it?"

"He didn't say anything. He's disappointed." He said it with a depressed expression on his face.

"He'll be proud of you once he realises how talented you are." I said it with a warm smile to cheer him up.

He smiled at me.

We both held each other's hands while we were walking on the shore. We were chatting and laughing. I really don't want this time to end.

He checked his phone after a while and stated, "It's time for your shop to close, and flight time is approaching. So let's go."

It hurt the moment he said it. It aches my heart to think that I will never see him again after today.

Should I confess? How long will I carry this feeling with me? What if he says no?!
I know he likes me back, but he didn't say it. These thoughts were running through my mind as we walked towards the car.

After much deliberation, I decided to tell him.

"I have something to say to you." He turned towards me to hear it.

"Jungkook I..."

"I know what you're trying to say." He cut me off.

"Y/n, I just want to tell you that you are the most amazing person I have ever met. And the bond we share is very special to me."

With a firm expression on his face, he said while grabbing my shoulder with his hands.

"However, we should not carry our feelings for each other forward. We should focus on our careers. And these feelings will fade away soon."

He spoke clearly and firmly.

I just stood their for a moment. It takes me a minute to digest what he just said. I felt as if someone had buried me in the ground.

I really don't know what to say to him. I just want to go back home.

We both stay silent throughout the journey. I didn't even glance at him. I kept looking out the window.

As soon as we got close to the shop and spotted Ji-ah walking home, I yelled, "Stop the car here, I'll go with Ji-ah."

When I opened the car door to get out, he said, "I will miss you, Y/N." My eyes got teary.

"Good bye, Jungkook. Thank you for everything." I said without even looking at him and got out of the car.

Jungkook's pov:

I started missing her as soon as I dropped her off. Throughout the ride, I kept glancing at her, but she never looked at me.I wished I could spend more time with her.

I wanted to make this last moment happy for her, but instead I made her sad.When she gets upset with me and refuses to speak to me, my heart breaks.

She didn't even look at me once as she walked away from me.

But I did the right thing.

"I am sorry, y/n."

I wishpered to myself. My cheeks started to flush with tears.

When I got home, I noticed someone's car parked outside. I noticed Han-yun seated on the hall. She noticed me and approached me.

"Hello, Jungkook."

"What exactly are you doing here?" I said while rolling my eyes in frustration.

"I know I'm the last person you expected to see but I haven't seen you in two days. I came to see whether you were okay."

"You don't have to. "I don't need your concern." As I turned to leave, I stated in a stern voice to her.

"You love y/n, right?" She uttered it in desperation.

I stopped at my place and heard this.

"Because of her, you broke up with me." She continued and yelled angrily.

I turned to her, gave her a disbelieving look, and said, "I broke up with you because there's nothing between us. I never loved you. Don't blame y/n for anything."

"But I did and still do love you." She sobbed.

"Han-yun, we already talked about it, right. Now you can leave," I said firmly and I started to move towards my room.

Her eyes were dripping tears. She clenched her fist, became even more incensed and angry, and left.