Chapter 11 - Costume Change

The first thing Ivy heard was the five-minute warning bell. Wait... she thought as she gathered her senses. That's what I last heard before I fell into the future world!

The floors felt soft under Ivy's back. Oh, it's carpeted, she realized. The room was filled with boxes, and she spotted a whiteboard on the wall. I'm actually...back? she thought as she stared at the clock.

2:10

"Well...that's the time I thought it was before that...crazy whatever-that-was," she said with a small laugh, rubbing the back of her head as she rose from the ground. "But where's the lightbulb?"

It was nowhere to be found.

Don't tell me that was real...

Ivy noticed her shoes.

They were the same boots Oak and Syndria had given her. She gasped. "It really was real?" she exclaimed.

Ivy quickly checked her sleeves, pants, and gloves. They were all there. The neon streaks still glowed throughout the sleeves and bodice. "Funny how it's working still..." she said. "But where are my real clothes?"

She then remembered the bag, still perched on her shoulder. Ivy quickly dumped the contents. "Oh good," she sighed. "It's all here."

In quick order, Ivy switched from the attire to her regular school clothes. She stuffed the future world clothes into the bag Syndria had given her and glanced at the clock.

2:13

Wait, wasn't I supposed to have been back in class by 2:15? she thought. "But I barely had time to process all of this!" She muttered. "This is crazy!"

Ivy wanted to think about the day's events, how she fell through a portal, and what she needed to do next. But getting back to class on time is the biggest priority right now, she thought, plodding to a corner of the room. She placed her bag behind a stack of boxes.

"If I run, I'll make it," she said, readying herself. Ivy rushed out of the room. I'll put it in my locker after I get to my next class.

Ivy rounded the corner from the doorway between the lockers and bounded past the bathroom. I have two minutes to run to class—class is a three-minute walk, she thought, calculating routes to her classroom. I need to run fast enough to reach the classroom without a teacher stopping me or some—

Ivy crashed to the ground. "Ack!" she squeaked. I hope that wasn't a teacher just now! she thought, nervously looking at the person who blocked her path.

"Where did you come from?" exclaimed the person.

Ivy inwardly groaned. Out of all the people to run into... "Oh..hi Eloise," she said. Eloise stood over her, offering a hand.

 Eloise stood over her, offering a hand