Fatigue

The rest of the night flew by, easily falling into a friendly groove between Corey and Kevin. It wasn't long before she was waving goodbye to the thousands of cheering fans and walking backstage. Evie walked past all the women, many of them stretching and waiting to see the chiropractor and doctor after a long, tiresome match. She saw Liv Morgan sat in the corner sulking, her face dyed blue as she held a towel to her eyes, but shockingly she didnt see Rhea Ripley. She turned down the corridor to the tech room to hand in her microphone after her shift to hear Sarah Schreiber trying to interview The Judgement Day, she listened in secretly from down the hallway.

'So a big win for you tonight Rhea, even though none of the rest of the men could get the men's royal rumble' Sarah said into the mic then pointing it at the team 'Sarah why do you always focus on the negative, Rhea over here won a big match and we are proud of her' Finn shouted, 'Shame on you Sarah' Damien scolded, Rhea laughing at Sarah. 'Yea Mami did amazing out there and you barely even congratulate her' DomDom said. 'Yes did you even say congratulations on her match because I don't think you did' Finn jumped in, Sarah nodding in response. 'Well do it again' Damien berated. 'Congratulations on your match Rhea' Sarah said meekly into the mic. 'It wasn't just any match Sarah... just walk away' Finn shooed her away, they all stood there laughing. 

Once Evie decided she had had enough she walked past them, rolling her eyes at their childish tactics, she left her mic in her tech room locker and walked out of the door, jumping when she saw Rhea Ripley stood waiting for her. 

'Can I help you' Evie asked, impressing herself at her boldness. 'Why do you listen into conversations' Rhea asked, staring at Evie. 'Hiding behind the stage boxes thinking no one can see you' she added, Evie's face reddening as she realised she'd been caught. 'Congratulations on the match if that's what you want' she said walking off, Rhea grabbed her arm lightly pulling her back. 'It's not. I want to know why you sit there like a little mouse always listening' She asked again. 'I wasn't i didn't want to interrupt your interview' Evie countered. 'Why did you roll your eyes when you walked past, a lot of attitude for someone I could put in her place in less than two seconds' Rhea threatened. 'I'm tired and I'm leaving' Evie said starting to walk away. 

Rhea grabbed her arm and pushed her against the stage boxes, boxing her in with her body. 'You were scared of me when you arrived, what happened' she looked down at Evie. 'I don't know what you want, I'm tired, and i want to go to bed' Evie said trying to get out of her grasp. 'How all you did was sit and talk, I brutalised every woman in that ring for over an hour' Rhea laughed. 'I know I announced it' Evie countered, speaking again. 'Look I'm sorry if i rolled my eyes at you, however i would like to leave now'. Rhea moved to the side slightly 'Next time you act out of line I will deal with you how I deal with everyone else and you can join them in that medical room' ,Rhea didn't leave enough room for Evie to pass through however she still pushed through. 

Evie's heart beat fast as she walked away, even though she couldn't see her face definitely red. She felt weird about the interaction, the way Rhea asserted her dominance made Evie feel things she couldn't describe, and when she stared into her eyes. Don't get her wrong Evie felt threatened however the feeling was also followed by one she didn't understand. 

She got an Uber back to the hotel, her face still red half an hour later from the odd interaction. She got to her room, had a shower and got into bed, finally taking time to look at her phone seeing a message from Sarah. 

Sarah - Oh my god, I was watching WWE today and I thought ooh this new commentator is really good, she really gels well with the two existing and just slots herself into the conversation, I thought she picked up the vibes of everyone really fast and was just overall amazing. I found myself listening to that more than the match so I went back to the opening bits of the night and was surprised to see you walking out. I knew you'd be doing big things but that is amazing, just had to tell you how good you were, speak soon, love you xx

Evie quickly sent back a message, smiling at her friends kind words. 

Evie -Sarah your too kind, they threw me in at the deep end but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Ill take you out to dinner soon, your the one I've got to thank for this so to hear you say that is cool. Ill message you tomorrow cause I'm drained xx  

Just as she was tucked into bed, her eyes rolling shut she got an email from Kelly, she sat up knowing it must be serious as she wouldn't contact her at this time if not, 

To my amazing Evie Smith

What did i tell you doll, you were absolutely amazing, you made me and the rest of the company so proud. I will be back tomorrow and will talk to you properly then but i just had to tell you how good you were, it really couldn't wait. It felt like you have been at the company for years. 

Kind regards and Well Wishes, Kelly. 

 She quickly composed herself and sent one back before dozing off to sleep. 

To Kelly,

Thank you so much, you have made me feel so welcome and allowed me to open up and express myself how i did tonight. 

Thank you and talk soon, Evie Smith.